Author Topic: DM10 MK II Pro voice list  (Read 2147 times)

DM10 MK II Pro voice list
« on: September 01, 2020, 12:16:49 PM »
Is there anywhere to download a list of the individual sounds available in this module? While they are grouped somewhat by drum/cymbal/sound, having to scroll through each one in the module is a pain. Be great if I had a printout list I could easily reference. Also, has anyone found a decent rimshot voice in this module. Can't believe there is nothing called "rimshot" anywhere to be found. Thanks.

EDIT: List compiled. Scroll down for links.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 06:04:12 PM by RADRick1 »

Offline AlanK

Re: DM10 MK II Pro voice list
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 09:48:49 AM »
have you searched for the manual online?? my DM10 manual has a list of voices at the end of it that one could print out or have on a display while making adjustments on the module
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 10:07:17 AM »
I have the original manual since I bought new. No such luck as far as any list of voices. The online version is the same as the printed one.  :-\

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 12:53:15 PM »
Is there anywhere to download a list of the individual sounds available in this module? While they are grouped somewhat by drum/cymbal/sound, having to scroll through each one in the module is a pain. Be great if I had a printout list I could easily reference. Also, has anyone found a decent rimshot voice in this module. Can't believe there is nothing called "rimshot" anywhere to be found. Thanks.

Unfortunately there has been many requests for the Voice list from DM10 MKII Pro users,here and the now defunct Alesis Get Satisfaction Forum..but none of them ever took the time to post anything.
I haven't had the opportunity to purchase one of the modules separately but my suspicion is it is a reconfiguration of the Medeli DD638DX.
The few menu screens I have ..match up..and the specs match up.

All the kits match but maybe 1 or 2..including a few which are not typical names such as SKA..Magic..Noise..etc.
They are not in exactly the same order because of a couple renames which is typical for a Rebranded Module..

Kits - 50 Presets
Voices-701 (650 Percussion Voice, Effect Voice + 17 Hi-hat Combination (51-open/closed/pedal)
Sequencer - Preset: 100

Medeli DD638DX
Download and check the Voice list starting on page 31... see if the Voices/Sequencer presets etc lineup..
Please post if or if not..the DM10 MKII Pro and the DD638DX lineup...

and for the COUNTLESS times I have have posted...and not one DDM10 MKII Pro owner has ever answered...

Does the DM10MKII Pro indeed pass audio through USB as claimed in the User Guide..pg 4

2.USB MIDI/Audio Port: Connect this USB port to a computer using a standard USB cable.
The drum module will send MIDI messages and audio to and from your computer over this connection.

DM10 MKII PRO

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 02:33:05 PM »
Chaser, thanks for that. I have printed out the voices and will see how they match up to what's in my module and post it here.

As for the USB to MIDI thing, not sure what I would do to know if it works or not. Still pretty new to edrums and know little about midi. How would I test this feature for you?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2020, 04:41:35 PM »
The Voices usually are numbered the same so you should be able to tell by the first 10 or so...
The Kits are usually re-arranged or out of order.

Connect the module to a PC/Mac/Tablet..it's class compliant so you should see a pop about new hardware and drivers being installed/device ready etc.
It should then be listed and be able to be selected as MIDI and/or AUDIO device.
If it's an error in the User Guide then it will only show as a MIDI device.

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 02:21:20 PM »
Still working on the list, but I did connect to my PC and it was recognized and drivers download. It appears in my Device Manager as a Sound device. See screenshots.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 03:25:01 PM »
Composite Controller = USB Host..

Usually if it's a sound device the icon will be a speaker..Under Devices/Printers right click on the DM10 MKII Pro > Properties > Hardware.
You should see a number of features including USB Audio...

I attached an example with the STRIKE Multipad..

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 04:31:13 PM »
Not sure what the difference is between what you showed and this. Is there something I can do to test the function to confirm for you?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2020, 07:40:52 PM »
That screen shot confirms it..."Generic USB Audio".

A majority of the time Class Compliant devices will show up under Sound Devices,Game Controllers etc..but not actually be Audio.

The DM10 MKII Pro is Rated at 256 Polyphony Voices...Bi-Directional Audio..and probably MIDI.

The STRIKE Multipad is also rated at 256 Polyphony Voices..Bi-Directional Audio/MIDI and uses the Medeli A5 processor.
This would make them 128 Polyphony....using stereo samples.
Manufacturers will always use the larger 256 number as a selling point because it sounds big...but there is currently only 128 MIDI notes (0-127 or 1-128)until MIDI 2.0 is fully implemented.

There isn't much.. if any info available anywhere on the DM10 MKII Pro

The DD650 (Crimson,Crimson II,DM10 MKII Studio,Command,Forge) is the top of all the Medeli modules..and rated at 64 Polyphony..The DD638DX is also rated at 64 but as I mentioned previously
all but a couple Kits match.

The other question I have is why the firmware is so limited...except the sequencer area,which if the Voice list from the DD638DX matches it doesn't make sense unless it's been reconfigured to use the DD638DX firmware and the A5 processor....a special build ? like the STRIKE Multipad with A5 and Bi-Directional Audio/MIDI.

There is no limit on sample sizes with the SMP.It also has A+B layers with velocity points,but you can set those at anytime not just when you are loading them.You can also load 16,24 and even 32 bit files.
The 32 bit will not "Audition" but they will play when assigned to a trigger.

DM10 MKII Pro
Maximum Polyphony 256 voices
Kits 80 (50 preset + 30 user)Sounds 758 sounds/voices (drum, percussion, effect)
Up to 99 user-loaded samples, 16 MB
Sequencer 100 preset patterns20 preset hits 30 preset taps 5 user songs
Up to 99 user songs in 1 folder on USB flash drive (MP3 or WAV) 192 ticks per beat Real-time record Approx.
15000 notes per user song

EDIT:
Once it is known if the DD638DX Voice list matches will give a better idea if it's a special build or not.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 10:03:00 AM by Chaser »

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2020, 12:55:45 PM »
OK, here it is. This was a lot of work. Aside from order and naming difference as well as more kits and more sounds, there is a lot that was similar to that DD638 module. Not sure if the differences mean it is not quite the same in function or not. At least we now have a kit and voice list for the DM10 MKII Pro.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 11:21:48 AM by RADRick1 »

Offline Chaser

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2020, 10:06:53 PM »
OK, here it is. This was a lot of work. Aside from order and naming difference as well as more kits and more sounds, there is a lot that was similar to that DD638 module. Not sure if the differences mean it is not quite the same in function or not. At least we now have a kit and voice list for the DM10 MKII Pro.  ;)

Excellent work !!...

I presume the gap from 672-704 are the "Hi Hat Combinations" ?..
I don't know how many HH Combinations the DM10 MKII Pro actually has as you would have to count them on the module..(the DDD638DX has 17)
the MIDI map shows the Hi Hat is a dual zone (Bow/Edge)

Hi Hat Open               46
Hi Hat Open   (Edge)  26
Hi Hat Closed             42
Hi Hat Closed (Edge)  22
Hi Hat Pedal              44
Hi Hat Splash            21

I also don't know if the DM10 MKII Pro has a GM section...majority of the Medeli modules do.
The STRIKE and the STRIKE Multipad don't..

Once again Excellent work!!

EDIT:
Added link how to access the GM section for stacking voices etc
https://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=8172.0

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 09:45:26 AM by Chaser »

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 11:24:25 AM »
Chaser, my bad. I had those items in another table and it didn't get copied over for some reason. The formatting of the original document made it very hard to modify without stuff just moving all over the pages. I have corrected and re-uploaded both versions with the correct numbering. I did not see those Hi-Hat combos, unfortunately as I guess this module may not support them. This module does support voice stacking if the manual is any indicator. The files linked in my previous post are the correct ones. Now, what does all this mean as far as this module goes? Also, I still don't know how to test the Midi to PC connection.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 11:27:13 AM by RADRick1 »

Offline Chaser

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2020, 12:44:39 PM »
I did not see those Hi-Hat combos, unfortunately as I guess this module may not support them.

There is usually normal Hi Hat samples that are assignable to any trigger..any combination.
The Hi Hat Combinations cannot be separated or assigned to anything other than the Hi Hat as the Hi Hat cymbal and controller input are all linked together for CC4 info.Once you assign one sample/voice it's counterpart is applied to the other triggers automatically.

This module does support voice stacking if the manual is any indicator.

That would be layering...stacking is using the GM section and the Digital section at the same time.
You can't edit the GM Voices and the names don't appear on the module...check the GM section in the DDD638DX manual and you'll see what I am referring to.There are banks of drum kits and backing voices
You can also use the GM section and expand the module with something like the Trigger I/O or eDRUMin etc.

Also, I still don't know how to test the Midi to PC connection.

A tool you should have even if you just want Test MIDI connections is MIDIOX

I don't know what you have in the way of Software....are you using a DAW?

If you don't have a DAW..there are many , but a FREE one would be BandLab Cakewalk..(Formerly SONAR Platinum Cakewalk).
Gibson Guitar purchased it..killed it...then dumped it when they ran into Financial problems.

If you are more interested in Live Performing a FREE Vst host to try would be  Cantabile Lite

A FREE Vst to try is Steven Slate Drums SSD5.5.