Author Topic: Roland CY-14C V-Crash Cymbal vs. Alesis Crash Cymbal  (Read 2456 times)

Roland CY-14C V-Crash Cymbal vs. Alesis Crash Cymbal
« on: November 23, 2012, 04:55:38 PM »
Will a  Roland CY-14C V-Crash Cymbal work in a DM10 module? and what is up with the $200 price difference vs. Alesis? do the Rolands sound that much better or is it just the 'realistic' feel & brand name?
Alesis DM10 Studio Kit, modified: 10in.snare, 2x 8in. tom toms, 10in. and 12in. floor toms, Dual Kicks, ALESIS SURGE PAK Hi-hat, cymbals, Paiste PST3 splash and crash, Alesis Transactive 10in.amp, Roland PM-10 10in.amp BEHRINGER MS40 40w ACTIVE POWERED STUDIO MONITORS.

Offline Hellfire

Re: Roland CY-14C V-Crash Cymbal vs. Alesis Crash Cymbal
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 10:35:43 AM »
Will a  Roland CY-14C V-Crash Cymbal work in a DM10 module? and what is up with the $200 price difference vs. Alesis? do the Rolands sound that much better or is it just the 'realistic' feel & brand name?

When you are talking about electronic drums, no one brand trigger is going to "sound" better than another. The sound is determined by the module not the trigger. Unless you mean physical acoustic noise made when striking the trigger itself (when not plugged into a drum module).

I'm sure it will work with the DM10, however the functionality of the trigger is determined by the module. Meaning Roland states the CY-14C is a dual zone plus choke. That is if you are using it on a Roland module. On an Alesis module it would be a single zone with choke. That is because Roland handles cymbals differently the Alesis. I hope that helps.

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 07:08:32 PM »

When you are talking about electronic drums, no one brand trigger is going to "sound" better than another. The sound is determined by the module not the trigger. Unless you mean physical acoustic noise made when striking the trigger itself (when not plugged into a drum module).

I'm sure it will work with the DM10, however the functionality of the trigger is determined by the module. Meaning Roland states the CY-14C is a dual zone plus choke. That is if you are using it on a Roland module. On an Alesis module it would be a single zone with choke. That is because Roland handles cymbals differently the Alesis. I hope that helps.

that splains it...thought it might of been a no brainer dumb question but that's the only I'm going to learn these things... thanks !
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 07:11:00 PM by Oldjammer »
Alesis DM10 Studio Kit, modified: 10in.snare, 2x 8in. tom toms, 10in. and 12in. floor toms, Dual Kicks, ALESIS SURGE PAK Hi-hat, cymbals, Paiste PST3 splash and crash, Alesis Transactive 10in.amp, Roland PM-10 10in.amp BEHRINGER MS40 40w ACTIVE POWERED STUDIO MONITORS.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 09:06:16 PM »

that splains it...thought it might of been a no brainer dumb question but that's the only I'm going to learn these things... thanks !

Not a problem, and just remember there are no dumb questions.