Author Topic: DM10 ride cymbal  (Read 5047 times)

Offline Slotrace.dk

DM10 ride cymbal
« on: November 14, 2012, 07:09:27 AM »
Hi, I have had my DM10 for a week now and I can't say that I'm impressed - especially with the ride cymbal.
When I play I have to make sure not to beat it too hard, because then it sounds like I'm hitting the bell of the cymbal. And when I tri to hit the bell, it sounds like a splash/crash cymbal.
And the choke doesn't react.
I have checked the cables and they are placed correct / or are they, since I recall that the brain doesn't have the same inscriptions as all of the cables.

So now I ask, is the cymbal broken and where does all of the cables goes?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:12:49 AM by Slotrace.dk »
best regards
René Christensen
Selection

Offline Trondster

Re: DM10 ride cymbal
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 09:15:27 AM »
You must set the ride to piezo/switch if studio/x, or to piezo/piezo if it is the Pro Surge cymbals.
You also need to set the ride to three zone.

Regarding the bow vs the bell - this is probably crosstalk, and you need to adjust the trigger settings.

DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

Offline Slotrace.dk

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 07:00:36 AM »
It is the Studio set, but where do I make these changes?

About the crosstalk, read somewhere I need to download from Alesis.

Thanks alot!
best regards
René Christensen
Selection

Offline Trondster

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 08:09:21 AM »
Update the firmware from Alesis, if you haven't done so already - it can be found here: http://www.alesis.com/stuff/contentmgr/files/dm10/DM10_Studio_Kit_SoundRom_Update_v1.03_Update.zip

When changing parameters on the module, you need to switch off the write protection - it explained at the beginning of the Dm10 manual.

To edit the trigger settings (to remove crosstalk, to set sensitivity, crosstalk, ride parameters etc):
Press the Ext Trigger button. Select the desired trigger by turning the jog wheel. Select the desired menu with the F keys, and edit up/down buttons and jog wheel. Press STORE button while in the exit trigger menu to store the ext trigger  changes.

To get the most out of the Dm10 module, you need to spend some quality time with the ext trigger settings, to understand them, how they work and how to use them - read these two threads (and not just the first post!):
http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=1571.0
http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=2946.0

And - both cables to the ride should be "stereo" TRS cables, with Tip, Rim and Sleeve.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

Offline Slotrace.dk

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 04:32:58 AM »
Thanks, Will look into it today.
Just wondering why this has to be done on a new drumkit.
 ;)
best regards
René Christensen
Selection

Offline Trondster

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 04:49:08 AM »
Because, unfortunately, the Alesis trigger settings are crap out of the box...

Offline Slotrace.dk

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 02:55:47 AM »
Hmmm, looks like a lot of work to do here.
Is there anybody who wants to take time to write down their settings and mail them to me, just to give me an idea about where to go with the settings?

best regards
René Christensen
Selection

Offline Slotrace.dk

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 03:01:13 AM »
You must set the ride to piezo/switch if studio/x, or to piezo/piezo if it is the Pro Surge cymbals.
You also need to set the ride to three zone.

Regarding the bow vs the bell - this is probably crosstalk, and you need to adjust the trigger settings.
The ride bow mode was set to 3 zones, which means that Prc1Hd is not available.
The ride bell input type was Switch, is it this I should change to Piezo?
best regards
René Christensen
Selection

Offline Trondster

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 03:32:21 AM »
If you have the metal surge cymbal it should be piezo - switch if it is a plastic cymbal.

Offline Slotrace.dk

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 05:16:11 AM »
Ive got the black rubber cymbals.
best regards
René Christensen
Selection

Offline Trondster

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 06:40:18 AM »
It's switch, then. :)

Offline Slotrace.dk

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 07:33:56 AM »
Yes, found out through some pintech videos on the youtube.
All screwed up now since they used meshhead and I didn't notice that.  :-\
I got the software update but how do I get back to basic?

Found out how to get back to basic.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 02:36:12 AM by Slotrace.dk »
best regards
René Christensen
Selection

Offline Trondster

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 07:36:35 AM »
Read and follow the first thread I linked to:
http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=1571.0