So..... this is happening! 
New 20" Kick
New High Hat
New white mesh heads
Black rack and hardware
Brass lugs
This thing looks amazing!

Hellfire:
Nice looking upgrade. I'd say Alesis is starting to listen to it's customers.

That's a lot of kit for $2500.00. If the quality is there, this is a new bar.

doggyd69b:
I just can't understand why companies insist with the stupid 20 inch bass drum. it literally looks like a kids toy bass drum regardless of what wrap you put on it. Out of the whole drumset, the bass drum is one of the things that takes the least foot print, and given the size of the pads on the Strike pro, they could have put a proper 22 inch drum no problem. I also think tom 1 looks awfully small but hey "it's an upgraded version from the current strike pro" the only upgrade I would want the strike pro to have is durability and perhaps much better processing power to be able to load sound sets much quicker. those two things and I would be ok paying $3000 for a kit that not only looks good but actually works and sounds good. I love Alesis and I want them to succeed but I will not spend any money on unreliable gear. (and I have made several DIY kits so I am not useless to modify or repair) but why should you when you are paying mid level kit prices? Everything should work out of the box with just parameter adjustments (to suit taste not to fix issues). other brands might have inferior sounds but the hardware works and it works well. Alesis needs to step up or move out of the way...

RHaptonstall:
This seems to be the sentiment of most users right now.  Varied opinions on the looks and upgrades but overwhelming agreement and hopes that they have listened to the scream of the customers that this thing needs to, first and foremost, just fucking work!!  I admit I was tempted to pull the trigger right away, but I am going to see what the response is first.  Its either this or a conversion kit and right now I am heavily on the side of the conversion.  Will give me something to do.

Hellfire:

--- Quote from: RHaptonstall on November 26, 2019, 09:16:09 AM ---...first and foremost, just f**king work!!..

--- End quote ---

Everything hinges on that statement and based on the original Strike release it would be wise to wait and see if the quality is there.
And like I stated earlier, if the quality is there, this is a big (i.e. great!) deal.

On a side note Alesis isn't the only edrum company making "Special Edition" kits. It would seem Roland is getting in on the action as well:

TD-50 Nocturne Custom V-Drums

If I had to guess edrum companies are trying to find a way to increase sales. I guess they (meaning Alesis & Roland) are hoping people purchase on the "coolness" look factor alone. Just a guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version