Author Topic: DM10 Mesh Head Conversion - Broken after 3 months  (Read 2844 times)

DM10 Mesh Head Conversion - Broken after 3 months
« on: July 03, 2017, 01:47:46 PM »
After about 3 months of usage the foam under the mesh heads has ripped (see photos)

This causes the drum to mis trigger which makes it unplayable. The head also has some strange marks on even though I tightened then quite tight.

http://imgur.com/a/BWHJm
- Snare , Hi Tom and low Tom are affected

Can anyone explain / help guide me to fix it?

Thanks

Re: DM10 Mesh Head Conversion - Broken after 3 months
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 12:05:31 PM »
682 Drums have very generously offered to replace the shields and said I should try tightening the heads.

The heads were already pretty tight might I want to invest in some different heads since they do have those storage marks on?

Thanks

Offline AlanK

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 01:35:25 PM »
wow, how hard to you hit?? would seem the heads were loose but if you had them tight... that's nuts.. doesn't surprise me the 682 folk are offering replacements, they're great people
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 04:33:57 PM »
I mean I probably hit harder than your average drummer but not to excessive I don't think ;)

Yea really good of them ;)

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 10:39:34 PM »
Hi.  I don't know what you ended up doing, but here's a video that my friend, Justin, did on that particular head:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEiQX8sWmqo .

You may be interested in what he has to say at 1 :55 into the video, in particular.

Hope it helps.
Sakae Almighty Maple shells; Extreme Drums! triggers; Ballistech 3.0 heads (snare and kick); Remo Silverstroke heads (toms); Sakae double pedals; Gibraltar rack; Sakae throne; misc. Sakae stands; Alesis DM8Pro cymbal pads (for the time being), and; the Alesis DM10 module (its brain).

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 06:59:41 PM »
Can you try 2 or 3ply mesh heads? I put a 3 ply on my kickdrum I made. They won't have the bounce though you'd get from a single ply head.