Author Topic: alesis strike with Addictive drums 2, problem with hi hat  (Read 2436 times)

alesis strike with Addictive drums 2, problem with hi hat
« on: February 15, 2020, 09:23:51 PM »
Hi E-drummers,

I'm trying to have the real hihat pedal (with a 2 zones cymbal) working with Addictive drums 2 just like it worked perfectly with DM10.
AD2 has no Strike midi mapping so I had to tweak little things, I came through it exept for the Hihat.
I tried with the "learn" option, I teached AD the open bow and open edge, but though AD sees the pedal movements the sound doesn't go from open to closed when I close the pedal ... but the foot close and foot splash work perfectly.
I tried then with the learn fonction to teach the 2 closed positions (bow and edge), same problem, the sound stays closed even if I open the pedal.
Well I can't understand why AD sees the movements of the real hihat pedal but it can't give me the right sounds from close, semi open and open.
For people who play the strike module in AD2, how did you manage to have that working.
Not sure it's very clear, sorry for my english ...
Olivier

Re: alesis strike with Addictive drums 2, problem with hi hat
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 08:44:46 AM »
Hi,
I found a solution, I took the AD2 default midi map and the hihat worked as expected, then I did the other pads with the learn fonction and the map is now complete and OK.
Thx for reading :-)