Author Topic: DM-10 replacement rack boom  (Read 1626 times)

Offline stylazyn

DM-10 replacement rack boom
« on: January 15, 2019, 07:18:38 PM »
Hi guys,
I saw the other cymbal post and keep meaning to ask this. My cymbal booms for the DM-10 are getting loose up near the top were the boom holder is. What types of replacements are out there?

Online AlanK

Re: DM-10 replacement rack boom
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 09:52:39 AM »
How do you mean they're getting loose? Is it the threads being stripped from the thumbscrew? Is it just not catching and the boom arm drops? Or did you mean the spot where the boom support pole attaches to the opening of the top of that tube/leg? I see there's a black plastic/rubber insert that helps keep the boom rod from sliding. Maybe a photo will help
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline stylazyn

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 10:21:03 AM »
Hopefully this isn't too grainy. This connection is very loose on both booms.

Online AlanK

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 02:47:26 PM »
Ah yes.. can you see if the tiny set screw is missing? or loose? I believe there's on small set screw that keeps it held on there. The pic isn't an Alesis but shows how most of those swivel tops are attached.. generally some form of screw insert that clamps it to the rod. A possiblity? Maybe jam a ton of crazy glue in under the lip if there's none? lol

DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline orion32

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 01:27:05 PM »
I lost one those screws, so I just jammed a finish nail in there.  There is about an 1/8" swing still, but better than it swinging freely
Alesis Strike Pro
A to E converted Zildjian L80 - 14" crash, 16" crash & china

Offline Dobly

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 04:53:38 PM »
My got loose a few years ago.. I took the little allen key bolts out, coated them in epoxy and put them back in. Been that way for a couple of years now.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 05:04:44 PM by Dobly »