Author Topic: DM7 Loose Pad  (Read 2533 times)

DM7 Loose Pad
« on: July 13, 2011, 03:59:19 PM »
hello to all!
i purchased the dm7 about two months ago strictly for use in my personal studio as a controller, it never does live performances or is ever connected to an amp to jam with. after less than an hour's (cumulative) time of usage the strike pad for the #2 tom came off. i don't hit hard, there is no need to really; just curious if anyone has had any similar problem...

lastly, how tight should the wingnuts be on the cymbals?

thanks in advance for your help!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:09:13 PM by almodesto »

Offline DrumBumWoody

Re: DM7 Loose Pad
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 04:35:31 PM »
I have a DM7 kit and use it live.
No problems with the pads loosening, I make sure they are really tightened down.
I leave the wingnuts for the cyms lose...unless you don't like how much they move.
Only issue I have is the snare bouncing around.
DM10x2 Pro with surge cyms + additional surge crash and tom + Roland PD125 snare + Roland KD120 Kick with Iron Cobra double pedals, all with mesh heads(HellFire conversion - BBIII), DM7 USB, USB Pro, Trigger I/O, Tama percussion, Conga's, Bongo's, Roto Toms, cow bell and block.

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 09:21:53 AM »
thanks for the reply DBW! but how do you tighten the strike pad? they appear to be glued on, at four points. only the strike pad itself (not the whole tom assembly which is secured to the rack with a wingnut underneath) came off.

i guess i just got a bad one, since you play actual gigs with your kit and haven't had this problem (which is good to hear!)

Offline DrumBumWoody

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 09:25:16 AM »
Oh Wow sorry I misunderstood....yes you got a bad one for sure.
DM10x2 Pro with surge cyms + additional surge crash and tom + Roland PD125 snare + Roland KD120 Kick with Iron Cobra double pedals, all with mesh heads(HellFire conversion - BBIII), DM7 USB, USB Pro, Trigger I/O, Tama percussion, Conga's, Bongo's, Roto Toms, cow bell and block.