Author Topic: Strike Module Kit Size Limit  (Read 2045 times)

Strike Module Kit Size Limit
« on: April 22, 2019, 12:47:15 PM »
Does anyone know if it would be possible for Alesis to increase the 200mb size limit of a kit in the Strike module, with a firmware update?

Offline rhysT

Re: Strike Module Kit Size Limit
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 06:46:26 AM »
I suspect increasing the 200mb kit size limit would require more than a firmware update, although maybe John Emrich (Alesis consultant and member here) could let us know if it's a possible improvement.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 04:26:58 PM by rhysT »

Offline cleverest

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 08:13:15 PM »
Has there been an official response on this anywhere? I'm really feeling the pain of only having a 200MB limit :-(

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 07:15:16 AM »
I agree! I really like the PS Toms, but they're so dang space intensive that I can't use them unless I eliminate some zones. I would really love it if they could increase that to allow better sounding kits (IMO) and even extra zone spaces that could be triggered through MIDI.

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 09:35:36 AM »
I've heard that on the latest firmware update, you can just ignore that message and the kit will play fine, it will just take more time to fully load. I think Allen Lind can wigth on on that. It would be could that they fix the ktl message in the further update. Personally, its the kit 200mb limit that keeps me from pulling the trigger on the strike module

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 03:16:06 PM »
I can confirm that the error message can be ignored. I've loaded samples from Pop/Punk and Metal Machine EZX.
The kit plays fine but what I don't know is if it's being automatically dumbed down to be playable. I.e. I'm not getting all the possible samples.
A2E 5-piece | Bum Wrap Drum Co maple burl wrap | Jobeky & UFO triggers | Drum-Tec real feel heads | Strike module | VH-11 + Strike cymbals | EZD2 + EZXs

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2020, 09:57:03 AM »
Thats a possibilty thats in being dumbed down...but if you don't feel it loll.. Its either done very cleverly so its not that noticeable or its either just not limited. Good to hear still would like to be sure theres no limit loll

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 10:28:36 PM »
I have also been able to play a kit that was over the limit. However, I have noticed when I was using a kit that was over 200mb that some of the samples did not sound right. Some samples occasionally played at a lower volume than I expected and some sounded empty. It was mostly with the cymbals. Once I changed out a few voices with smaller sized alternates and was under the limit, everything seemed to play normally again.

I also ran into issues with the Strike Editor not allowing me to save a kit that was over 200mb.