Author Topic: Midi input to module  (Read 1291 times)

Midi input to module
« on: October 08, 2019, 03:06:41 PM »
Hi, I have a Strike Pro kit, I am wondering if anyone knows how to create a program change instruction to drive the module to switch kits?
I have a tablet and want to be able to send instructions from it to the kit to switch to specific kits.
Anyone out there with midi skills?

Offline Chaser

Re: Midi input to module
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 02:09:28 PM »
Hi, I have a Strike Pro kit, I am wondering if anyone knows how to create a program change instruction to drive the module to switch kits?
I have a tablet and want to be able to send instructions from it to the kit to switch to specific kits.
Anyone out there with midi skills?

Android,Apple,Windows?
Apple products are probably the most used for live performance and so there are a lot of options/apps.
A lot of people don't realize that iOS recognizes and stores..class compliant drivers..
The majority of Alesis products are class compliant.
Here is a screenshot of one of my iPads I use for testing and the Alesis drivers stored on it.
Apple identified by name not "midi device" etc.

If you are in a band/working musician or even just at home and use an iPad/iPhone I highly recommend BANDHELPER..

You can create set lists,sync between band members and program midi..bank changes..program changes..DMX lighting etc and a lot more for each instrument/player..for song changes..
You used to have to have an elaborate setup and program midi patch bays etc to do all this.

BANDHELPER SEND MIDI

You can also sync setup a Cell network.

It is a subscription model , but one of the least expensive you'll ever find from $1 a month for solo artist/basic..to $6 month for 2-5 band members/Pro all the way up to orchestral 100 members for $30 month/Pro.
The Pro level has a lot of options for working musicians. accounting etc etc

PRICING

The original was Setlist Maker which is a paid app with IAP downloaded for each device.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 02:52:17 PM by Chaser »

Offline Iggford

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 04:49:52 PM »
I'll enthusiastically second the value of BandHelper.  My band has used it for the last 4 years, and it a wonderful program, for EVERYTHING that it does.  I don't use it for much more than set lists during a show, but everyone else uses it for chords and lyrics.  We used to do a live karaoke segment in each of our shows, and it was a huge help to be able to just pull up the lyrics for the guest singer.

We've also got an extra user account set up for fill-in musicians.  It keeps everything in one clean package for anyone that needs it.

We've talked about diving into some of the MIDI capabilities, but we just haven't had the time yet. 

--
Shawn

Offline Andy Keys

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2019, 07:24:35 AM »
I use Set List Maker on iOS, which was the program that BandHelper grew out of.
It has obviously been designed by someone who plays lots of music, often, and with lots of different bands.
I can't praise it highly enough.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 08:57:48 AM by Andy Keys »