Author Topic: Virtual Reality Concerts  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Chaser

Virtual Reality Concerts
« on: April 23, 2020, 10:46:29 AM »
Lizzy Hale (Halestorm) Premiered a Virtual Reality Concert last night since the Tour has been suspended..
"Jamming..all Live improv..no tracks..no miming..just the four of us"

a sign of things to come..

You will need the Youtube app to get 360 playback...if you browser doesn't support it (older Safari etc)

A Virtual Reality Concert With Halestorm

Re: Virtual Reality Concerts
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 10:58:56 AM »
Excellent post.

What are the requirements, software and hardware for us to do our own live performance.

Thanks

Offline Chaser

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 01:42:37 PM »
VR has changed quite a bit just in the past couple years or so....popularity is on the rise
There has been radical advancements on smart TV's, mobile phone cameras and 360 Camera apps.
You can now send and control 360 VR apps to TV's from your phone.

Live Musician platforms like JamKazam are overwhelmed and unable to meet the demand.
I recently received an email from JamKazam and their current status.I posted it here

One of the first VR Concerts was with Jaunt XR..(McCartney songs few years ago..$10 per song)...Jaunt XR purchased by Verizon last year.

Research Oculus...

I got into the early developer program with Microsoft years ago...it was expensive..then sold off to Facebook.
There are different platforms now and different headsets... along with the SDK for each
Check the Oculus forums and see if smaller bands have done anything..
Check the Live Event lineups  for the rest of the year..

Oculus Venues

Oculus Venues Facebook

Oculus SDK

360 CAMERA APPS

There are numerous 360 VR Concerts on Youtube..

With the COVID-19 you'll probably start seeing an acceleration on development..

EDIT:
I forgot to mention some Hardware/Software to research.
If you wanted to get real/Spatial 3D sound 3D Field Mic
There are not cheap..yet..maybe the prices will start coming down as popularity increases

Sennheiser has a really good one.. AMBEO VR MIC - Microphone 3D AUDIO
(I actually used one to record a large 13 pc Mapex Kit)

You can record Live into DAW like Pro Tools HD,Reaper or any  DAW that supports Ambiosonics

There are also a few portable systems like the Sennheiser AMBEO 3D Virtual Reality VR Microphone with Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder

AUDIOEASE 360 has good Ambiosonic/Video/Mixing software

Facebook has FREE software SPATIAL WORKSTATION
"The Facebook 360 Spatial Workstation is a software suite for designing spatial audio for 360 video and cinematic VR. It includes plugins for popular audio workstations, a time synchronized 360 video player and utilities to help design and publish spatial audio in a variety of formats. Audio produced with the tools can be experienced on Facebook News Feed on Android and iOS devices, Chrome for desktop and the Samsung Gear VR headset through headphones. "

Facebook get started with 360 Media

YouTube supports two different spatial audio formats:
    First Order Ambisonics
    First Order Ambisonics with Head-Locked Stereo

Youtube:spatial audio in 360-degree and VR videos
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 12:54:38 AM by Chaser »

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 08:34:51 AM »
Wonderful information.

Thanks for spending the time to keep us updated.

Rick