Author Topic: 2 new products you may be intrested in  (Read 5017 times)

2 new products you may be intrested in
« on: March 07, 2010, 09:03:51 AM »
i have read in previous posts about surge cymb not staying in place as some do have a small pilot hole i have come acrossed  the wegie company they make a rubber washer that holds up better to wear min. contact which would help matain triggering and possibly dramaticlly reduce crosstalk and false triggering for around 10 bucks you get a set of 5 cymbs and 2 hi hat clucth washers heres the link   http://www.wedgie.com/drumacc_cymbal.html

the second is great for edummers its basically a stick condom..lol but here what they wrote....Wedgie Anti-Vibe Shox help to eliminate the high frequency vibration in the drumstick that can cause unwanted fatigue. Shox are extremely lightweight so they won't affect your feel. Shox also stretch to fit so you can use your own favorite drumsticks, and still get all the benefits of this long overdue solution. Shox are especially helpful when used with practice pads and electronic sets that usually have a harder surface. Give Shox a try, your hands will thank you...here is the link for that  http://www.wedgie.com/drumacc.html

all in all i like the cymb washer would retain your cymb in place support your cymb and improve the crosstalk effect.....what are your thoughts?
the process of a thought is only stirred on by creative ingenuity

Offline Hellfire

Re: 2 new products you may be intrested in
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 12:02:34 PM »
i have read in previous posts about surge cymb not staying in place as some do have a small pilot hole i have come acrossed  the wegie company they make a rubber washer that holds up better to wear min. contact which would help matain triggering and possibly dramaticlly reduce crosstalk and false triggering for around 10 bucks you get a set of 5 cymbs and 2 hi hat clucth washers heres the link   http://www.wedgie.com/drumacc_cymbal.html

the second is great for edummers its basically a stick condom..lol but here what they wrote....Wedgie Anti-Vibe Shox help to eliminate the high frequency vibration in the drumstick that can cause unwanted fatigue. Shox are extremely lightweight so they won't affect your feel. Shox also stretch to fit so you can use your own favorite drumsticks, and still get all the benefits of this long overdue solution. Shox are especially helpful when used with practice pads and electronic sets that usually have a harder surface. Give Shox a try, your hands will thank you...here is the link for that  http://www.wedgie.com/drumacc.html

all in all i like the cymb washer would retain your cymb in place support your cymb and improve the crosstalk effect.....what are your thoughts?
I like the looks of them. Are you going to get some and try them out? If so I would love to hear your thoughts on them.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 03:47:24 PM »
Mmmm... stick condoms.

LOL

The washer seems like a great idea!  I've noticed I keep hitting the peg/post/whatever it's called, when I play the bell.   I'd like to see the peg/post/whatever it's called on the left side instead of right.  However, until that happens, I like the Washer idea. 

going to order some?

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 06:03:31 PM »
got some on order i found them at best buy $1.50 cheaper than all the other and since  minneaplis is home of best buy ill just run there and grab some id have to pay tax regardless but a hell alot cheaper than shipping ill give you my toughts when i get them

Offline mazzith

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 01:48:29 AM »
Mmmm... stick condoms.

LOL

The washer seems like a great idea!  I've noticed I keep hitting the peg/post/whatever it's called, when I play the bell.   I'd like to see the peg/post/whatever it's called on the left side instead of right.  However, until that happens, I like the Washer idea. 

going to order some?

Here is what I did for my ride. I bought a Sound Precision rack mount stand. I got a Gibraltor rack mount. I took the shorter boom bar and changed it out for a longer one on my crash cymbals. I then mounted the ride at a slightly tilted but flat level on my rack.

With this position and a semi tight setting for the nut i can get at the bell and it does not rotate at all. It still has some give but I personally do not need a lot of give like I want from my crash cymbals.

Lets go Cowboys!

Offline Guinness

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 02:43:45 AM »
I received my 2nd crash today, but it came without the choke stripe.  So, I'm probably sending it back for a 13" with choke.  My set up will be similar to yours Mazzith, sort of.  I'll post a pic when it's all said and done.

Good to see you by the way.  You haven't visited the boards lately.

Offline mazzith

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 10:09:24 AM »
Yeah, been really busy at work. One of the other local delivery drivers reended a Mercedes last tuesday so I been pulling about 60 hours a week and now training a new guy too.

I ended up getting my second cymbal from Ebay for 90 dollars with shipping. I was not a chokeable but honestly I do not need 2 of those. I always use the same cymbal when I do my quick muted hits.

What I really want and been considering getting is another hihat cymbal and putting it below near the toms in the middle of the 2 crashes like a splash. Will give it the splash look and feel. Just need Surge to come out with a China looking cymbal and I am good to go.

Been looking around for a cowbell to (really do not like using the rims, i have eaten through those rubber pad quick.  I did stumble across this site where a guy makes them for like 70 euro + shipping. It looks amazing.

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47147

And last but not least I really do not like how the rack is kinda square. Now it works fine in my room atm, but when I get a bigger place I was thinking about looking if a TD-20 rack would work.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 10:21:37 AM by mazzith »
Lets go Cowboys!

Offline Guinness

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 12:00:53 PM »
Nice Rack!  (pun intended.  LOL)

Ya, i thought about buying another hi-hat for a china.  I don't mind using the rims atm for cowbell, etc...  Somewhere in one of these threads, there's some links to aftermarket u-shaped rubber for replacement.  I think it's car door trim and remember reading that it worked quite well..  both appearance and durability.

Edit:  Found it:  http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=164.0
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 01:55:05 PM by Guinness »

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 05:55:41 PM »
nice mazzith yeah i looked into that rack but  the only thing i need now is the cyrved piece i basically have that set up.. the reason for the wedgies is 2 fold since it only contacts 5 point of the cymb it allows it to float but also absorbing the shock after its struck i thought this might help deture crosstalk and hold up long than felt washers the second was to help them stop spinning as for the ride i like mine tight not alot of play but im buying wuhan cymbs and converting them to electric i found a spray called cascade they use it for lining doors in comp cars for spl it is a clear finish and absorbs the sound pretty much what surge and smart trigger cymb have a lil project box a couple of piezos and a few tapeswitch assmbs and i got a chokeable cymb that is real and quiet at a fraction of the cost the break down is 14inch china 43 bucks  hihat 79 bucks and this is a 14inch set
18 inch ride 2 zone non chokeable( i never choke my ride..insert drum humor) 10 inch splash 39 bucks and the last a 12inch crash dual zone choke 43 bucks

Offline Guinness

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 06:08:28 PM »
W4S-

You've seen a Surge cym, right?  It's not a spray, it's a clear plastic shell molded into the underside of the cymbal.

You idea sounds intriguing.  How's the accoustics?

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 06:42:07 PM »
W4S-

You've seen a Surge cym, right?  It's not a spray, it's a clear plastic shell molded into the underside of the cymbal.

no i havent seen them unclose but i just took what i read from on the smart triggers website. acoustically its dead think of it this way a car that competes in spl contests would make everything rattle this spray absorbs it and stays flexable so it moves with the metal i thought this would be a cheap and effecint way to make a real good ecymb i havent got the stuff yet i just bought a car and ive been buying a ton of studio equipment so it will be a week or 2 and ill be ordering the stuff up and ill even make a diy video this time and ill see how they turn out im sure theyll work just fine

Offline mazzith

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 09:05:00 PM »
Nice Rack!  (pun intended.  LOL)

Ya, i thought about buying another hi-hat for a china.  I don't mind using the rims atm for cowbell, etc...  Somewhere in one of these threads, there's some links to aftermarket u-shaped rubber for replacement.  I think it's car door trim and remember reading that it worked quite well..  both appearance and durability.

Edit:  Found it:  http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=164.0

Alesis pointed this out for me. But problem is I burning through in about 2 weeks of player per side (so 5-6 weeks before split all way around)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rim-Condom-8-Rubber-Drum-Hoop-Rim-Protector-Silencer_W0QQitemZ370301150489QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5637ab2519
Lets go Cowboys!

Offline mazzith

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 09:08:36 PM »
W4S-

no i havent seen them unclose but i just took what i read from on the smart triggers website. acoustically its dead think of it this way a car that competes in spl contests would make everything rattle this spray absorbs it and stays flexable so it moves with the metal i thought this would be a cheap and effecint way to make a real good ecymb i havent got the stuff yet i just bought a car and ive been buying a ton of studio equipment so it will be a week or 2 and ill be ordering the stuff up and ill even make a diy video this time and ill see how they turn out im sure theyll work just fine

I repost these picks but this is the cymbal.

Lets go Cowboys!

Offline mazzith

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 09:11:22 PM »
The cheapest I found the surge cymbals is actually on Alesis website.

http://www.alesis.com/store/category.php?id=1109

They are down at the bottom but still good, and I think GC (guitarcenter) will price match these prices and beat it by 10% but not sure.
Lets go Cowboys!

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 10:43:17 PM »
thanx mazz ive built most of my set so i think imma diy them but its nice to see what they did the great thing about cymbs verses drums is there metal and its much easier to trigger