Author Topic: Where did all the DM10's go?  (Read 4421 times)

Offline Hellfire

Where did all the DM10's go?
« on: December 17, 2009, 05:05:58 PM »
I have noticed not only the DM10, but other Alesis electronic drum kits seem to be AOL on most of the major online retailers. Most of the online retailers state that they will have more stock coming in at the end of the month or at the beginning of January. I found this out when I was thinking of buying an Alesis Control pad to add to my DM10 Kit but the places I normally buy from were out of stock. That's when I started checking other Alesis offerings and found the same thing. Alesis must be selling hand over fist right now. :o

Offline goony

Re: Where did all the DM10's go?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 06:33:12 PM »
Its ok here in the UK, even the DM10 is in stock, just no demo kits, but I go on Monday to Demo it, cant wait :D
KIT: Roland TD9s
Online Browser Game Desert Ops
http://uk.desert-operations.com/?recruiter=275

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 02:09:13 PM »
Its ok here in the UK, even the DM10 is in stock, just no demo kits, but I go on Monday to Demo it, cant wait :D
Did you get a chance to demo the DM10 kit? I saw over at Vdrums.com you demoed the 2box.

Offline goony

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 06:45:52 PM »
not yet, the plan was to do that, but we got severe weather at the moment so a long drive not good idea, with all the snow here in the Uk, but I will as its the last on my list before I choose..
KIT: Roland TD9s
Online Browser Game Desert Ops
http://uk.desert-operations.com/?recruiter=275

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 11:42:34 PM »
Some new information on this subject was posted over at Hellfiredrums.com under the Alesis DM10 module $599.00? **UPDATED LINKS**.

I decided just to copy the comment over here for easier access. Here's the comment:

newbee said,
in December 30th, 2009 at 3:19 pm edit

Hay, I just called Musicians Buy and they said they do NOT have the modules to sell alone. He said that Alesis doesn’t have enough modules for the existing production DM10 so no time soon :( . I just bought Superior 2.0 and 2 Alesis I/O’s instead… So far not to happy :(

Looks like Alesis is having some production issues with the DM10 module (based on that comment). I was suspecting that when I first noticed the kits being out of stock with most major online retailers. Chances are Alesis sold out of the their first run of the DM10 Pro Kits (good news for Alesis!), but I wonder what the production issue might be?

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 09:23:45 AM »
Updated Info!

My sources are telling me that the first run of DM10's was a small batch (and basically sold out of that stock) and that they are ramping up production as we speak.

Only time will tell. I just we will have to wait and see.

Offline ghostman

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 06:21:33 PM »
module, module, module, module, module, module....  ;D
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 11:04:12 AM »
module, module, module, module, module, module....  ;D
I agree with you ghostman. The module (in my eyes) out shines the rest of the kit (the stock rack, cymbals, and Hi-hat controller are matched well with the DM10). Well at least the stock drum triggers but, I fixed that. ;D