Author Topic: Looking @ Alesis for Christmas!  (Read 3128 times)

Looking @ Alesis for Christmas!
« on: November 30, 2009, 06:03:13 AM »
I have been researching these things hardcore for about a year now. So far I really want the Alesis USB Pro with the Trigger I/O but will it be too much of a hassle? I want to play my kit, not adjust it or tweak it constantly. I have a lot of spare time, I am patient and very knowledgeable of computers though, so it may not be too hard? If it's worse then a Mercury 2 stroke then I dont want it!

Would I be better of starting my eDrumming hobby with a DM5Pro? I am definitely sold on the Mylar heads and Surge cymbals.

I've played the Roland mesh it feels like a trampoline, I've played the rubber It feels like a toy and it hurts my wrist. I like the Mylar :)

Your help and advice is greatly appreciated. I have a budget otherwise I would just get the DM-10 and be done with it ;)

Someone buy a young man a drum kit??? hahah  ::)

Online Hellfire

Re: Looking @ Alesis for Christmas!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 09:29:39 AM »
I have been researching these things hardcore for about a year now. So far I really want the Alesis USB Pro with the Trigger I/O but will it be too much of a hassle? I want to play my kit, not adjust it or tweak it constantly. I have a lot of spare time, I am patient and very knowledgeable of computers though, so it may not be too hard? If it's worse then a Mercury 2 stroke then I dont want it!

Would I be better of starting my eDrumming hobby with a DM5Pro? I am definitely sold on the Mylar heads and Surge cymbals.

I've played the Roland mesh it feels like a trampoline, I've played the rubber It feels like a toy and it hurts my wrist. I like the Mylar :)

Your help and advice is greatly appreciated. I have a budget otherwise I would just get the DM-10 and be done with it ;)

Someone buy a young man a drum kit??? hahah  ::)

I think you would be fine with the USBpro. The only thing to remember is that the Alesis Trigger I/O doesn't have sounds built in. You will have to always use it with a VST on your computer or a hardware synth (or drum machine). Just something to keep in mind. Also, keep in mind that you can upgrade the Alesis Trigger I/O on the USBpro kit at anytime. So, when you decide you want to buy an Alesis DM10 drum module, you can just add it to you pro kit. ;)

BTW, Welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:32:06 AM by Hellfire »

Re: Looking @ Alesis for Christmas!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 05:01:17 PM »
awesome! Thats what I will do then. Just get the USB Pro since I can get it so cheap and upgrade to a DM10 module and 10 inch pads later! :)

Thanks alot. When I get the kit I will provide some videos and stuff for others.

I'm excited to begin a new hobby in the DMDrummer World.