Author Topic: DM10 hi-hat  (Read 3046 times)

Offline Guinness

DM10 hi-hat
« on: February 17, 2010, 02:18:13 AM »
Question...  can i set my future DM10 hi-hat to half open?  If I'm playing a tune that requires some double kick work, I would adjust my hi-hat to half open with my foot off.  Can i do the same thing with my (soon to be) dM10?  (I'd guess that I'd need to switch to a differnt kit to do this, but can I?)

Thanks.

Re: DM10 hi-hat
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 05:12:27 AM »
a easy way would be to just change the open hat sound to half open or make a a kit exactly like the one you have and just use the half open sound for your open sound i know with the dm5 it is offered in the hi hat sound set im sure the dm10 has this as well just a tought
the process of a thought is only stirred on by creative ingenuity

Offline ghostman

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 03:14:30 PM »
this is one issue I've had with e-hats.  I use a drop clutch on acoustic hats, and no e-hat can replicate.  Until now.  PinTech has a new visualite hat that moved the controller to between the hats - and the vids I've seen shows that it works (and can be ordered) with a drop clutch.

Now, I have no way of testing it - I am awaiting both the DM10 and the new hats to arrive..  But, from the vids and personal testimony of the product designer / inventor - this was his goal - to have it work with a drop clutch.  Most of his work / testing was done on a TD-20, but he should be getting a DM10 for testing in a few days.

My question is mostly:  does the hat have a closed sound?  I love the 'sizzle' sound of hats loosely laying together.. my guess is that the sound will be closed - unless you put in some soft foam to keep 'em open a bit more for the sound you're lookin' for.

my $.02

link FYI:
https://www.pintechworld.com/shop/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=150
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 07:15:32 PM »
"drop clutch".... so THAT's what that thingy is called.  I used that also (on my a kit).  Made it fast to switch as I pulled my foot to my 2nd kick pedal.  Now that I think about it...  can't I set up a trigger on a dual zone tom to change kits?  that might work just as effectively/quickly.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 07:32:14 PM »
drop clutches are nice specially if your doing any double kick work as imformed that pintech works with everything but the new yamaha it should work similar to the roland since it is a cc or cv you could program the sizzle sound in your set and use the drop cluth to get the true feeling i havent used the cv or cc yet damn dm5...lol but imma use a pressure switch made by tapeswitch to act like the cheap plastic footswitch i got i got it mocked up under my footswitch for now but until i get the dm10 im stuck with crappy hihats but that new pintech version is much better than the one they had that mounted on the outside with the spring personally i think this is the hardest part for a manufactor and diy'er to achive but its getting closer all the time
the process of a thought is only stirred on by creative ingenuity