Author Topic: Mesh heads conversion problem  (Read 1157 times)

Mesh heads conversion problem
« on: January 07, 2020, 04:46:13 PM »
Hey all,

I recently got myself done Remo silent strokes and 628 drums foam cones (I tried my own foam for a while but I wasn't impressed with the results).
Anyway once their foam came I set about putting them in without any issues on my drum pads except one... To get the drum tones to trigger from that piezo I have to crank the sensitivity right up to 99 which is maxxed out. I'm thinking I've damaged the piezo disc in the process but thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone else could throw their ten cents in.

TIA

Offline orion32

Re: Mesh heads conversion problem
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 01:13:13 PM »
The only time I had a sensitivity problem was on a kick drum.  I had to do the same thing you did with your pad.  Eventually, it stopped working all together.  One of the wires on the piezo was severed.  I can't say for sure but after repairing I was able to bring the sensitivity to a reasonable level. 

You may want to check the wires and all the connections to make sure they are solid.

One other thing to check is to see if you put the plate/foam/pad back together in the same order.

One time during a mesh head conversion I had a pad that wouldn't fire after the conversion and realized I screwed up the order of the plate/foam/pad.

Alesis Strike Pro
A to E converted Zildjian L80 - 14" crash, 16" crash & china

Re: Mesh heads conversion problem
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 02:27:38 AM »
I did check the wires but who knows maybe I missed one
.. I've taken it apart several times now 🤯🤯🤯
I've ordered some piezo discs from eBay to try as well so I might check everything first when they come.

Thanks for the reply!