Author Topic: DM10X Deal  (Read 2131 times)

Online AlanK

Re: DM10X Deal
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 11:51:44 AM »
Aweome deal! That's about what I paid for mine a couple years ago.. was about 1500 new, on sale for 1299, then they had a 300 rebate at the same time. Think it was 998.

Looking at the pics reminded me why I was so sold on the Alesis DM10X.. the massiveness of the kit for that price compared to a Roland or Yamaha or Hart.. the quantity of cymbals, the frame, the easy removable clamps, and the head sizes. Plus the mylar heads "looked" so much like real drum skins.. I guess I thought they'd have a lot more give/bounce to them. I didn't quite realize with the foam directly underneath there would be so little flexibility. They looked amazingly cool, but they were loud and my wrists began to hurt after a few days of playing. I switched to mesh within the first month I think, haven't regretted it at all..love my mesh.

But looking at the pics again just now, I'm wondering if anyone has ever done a conversion where you replace the foam layers, use a cone or something, but try it with the mylar heads. Would they have more flexibility and bounce and feel softer because of the extra space? Or would they sound like crap and lose the sensitivity or even make the triggers non-functional? I'm tempted to dig one of mine up and try it out.. the noise factor isn't as bad at our place now.. the kids are all getting on the drumset and the wife's out working all the time, so I don't mind a bit of whack coming out of 'em.

So, curious if anyone's tried this? Sorry to sidetrack your post Stratocaster.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Re: DM10X Deal
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 01:46:10 PM »
The reviews in the link also indicate that this is not the best kit for the impatient drummer who is not comfortable with spending a lot of time adjusting the parameters and doing modifications. Those drummers seem to think it is junk, however, most of us know better. DMdrummer has done a lot for DM sales. Without the information from all the participants I probably would have my kit stored in my garage and perpetuated the idea that the kit was crap.

I got the deal you got. I think this deal is about $35 cheaper than the one I got. A good buy for the right type of drummer.