Author Topic: New Strike Pro SE!!!!  (Read 4845 times)

New Strike Pro SE!!!!
« on: November 23, 2019, 04:25:39 PM »
So..... this is happening! 
New 20" Kick
New High Hat
New white mesh heads
Black rack and hardware
Brass lugs
This thing looks amazing!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 04:29:10 PM by RHaptonstall »

Online Hellfire

Re: New Strike Pro SE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 10:28:46 AM »
Nice looking upgrade. I'd say Alesis is starting to listen to it's customers.

That's a lot of kit for $2500.00. If the quality is there, this is a new bar.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 05:09:57 PM by Hellfire »

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 02:35:56 PM »
I just can't understand why companies insist with the stupid 20 inch bass drum. it literally looks like a kids toy bass drum regardless of what wrap you put on it. Out of the whole drumset, the bass drum is one of the things that takes the least foot print, and given the size of the pads on the Strike pro, they could have put a proper 22 inch drum no problem. I also think tom 1 looks awfully small but hey "it's an upgraded version from the current strike pro" the only upgrade I would want the strike pro to have is durability and perhaps much better processing power to be able to load sound sets much quicker. those two things and I would be ok paying $3000 for a kit that not only looks good but actually works and sounds good. I love Alesis and I want them to succeed but I will not spend any money on unreliable gear. (and I have made several DIY kits so I am not useless to modify or repair) but why should you when you are paying mid level kit prices? Everything should work out of the box with just parameter adjustments (to suit taste not to fix issues). other brands might have inferior sounds but the hardware works and it works well. Alesis needs to step up or move out of the way...

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 09:16:09 AM »
This seems to be the sentiment of most users right now.  Varied opinions on the looks and upgrades but overwhelming agreement and hopes that they have listened to the scream of the customers that this thing needs to, first and foremost, just fucking work!!  I admit I was tempted to pull the trigger right away, but I am going to see what the response is first.  Its either this or a conversion kit and right now I am heavily on the side of the conversion.  Will give me something to do.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 01:44:18 PM »
...first and foremost, just f**king work!!..

Everything hinges on that statement and based on the original Strike release it would be wise to wait and see if the quality is there.
And like I stated earlier, if the quality is there, this is a big (i.e. great!) deal.

On a side note Alesis isn't the only edrum company making "Special Edition" kits. It would seem Roland is getting in on the action as well:

TD-50 Nocturne Custom V-Drums

If I had to guess edrum companies are trying to find a way to increase sales. I guess they (meaning Alesis & Roland) are hoping people purchase on the "coolness" look factor alone. Just a guess.

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 02:20:52 PM »
Nice looking Roland Kit, but I'm sure it will be on the $7 to 8k realm, for that price you can get a great looking acoustic kit, get top of the line drumtec triggers, add the Roland digital ride, digital snare/module pack, get ATV cymbals, add Superior Drummer 3 and still have about $3000 left to "upgrade it"...

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 11:15:29 PM »
The hihat controller is the same, they added separate rubber on top of it and include new spring, but now instead of double, it's single plate, that might help for less trouble out of the box,  for reliability, I doubt anythings changed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RHbknuspTI&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR0lsNk2xGF7nay3GUB5RMGpShyDKGZjnhVd_rJPScnCszNw_6ZWQuuPKc0

Offline Chaser

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 11:47:18 PM »
Alesis released it on their site this morning along with New videos including a "Drum Battle"
https://www.alesis.com/products/view2/strike-pro-special-edition

Strike Pro Special Edition - Drum Battle Performance ft. Daniel McCrary and Isaiah Weatherspoon

You can see the Giant rubber spacer/spring guide/housing that replaces the bottom in the KRAFT assembly video (7:10)
I didn't see anything get plugged into the input that was for the 3 sensors originally on the bottom cymbal.
Alesis must have abandoned it.

Alesis Strike Pro Special Edition - Assembly Guide
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 12:10:35 AM by Chaser »

Offline AlanK

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 10:17:45 AM »
What a bummer, I do love the 20" kick and the white mesh heads but I prefer the chrome hardware and frame of the Strike Pro. Am not a fan of black mesh, rims, lug mounts or frame. If I could buy the Pro but get the kick drum from the special edition I'd be a happy camper :)
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Chaser

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 10:29:01 AM »
Here is the Official Press release including the list of new features including new lugs/shells...
"Strike Pro Special Edition premium Hybrid Birch wood shell snare and toms come in in standard acoustic drum sizes (8-10-12-14”)"

ALESIS® ANNOUNCES NEW STRIKE PRO SPECIAL EDITION 11-PIECE MESH KIT

Offline AlanK

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 02:33:37 PM »
So guys, is there a comparison chart done anywhere yet to show the diffs between the Strike Pro and this new special edition? Obvious ones are the kick drum and the black hardware/frame and a slightly different look to the shells.. I didn't digest all the technical specs yet but aside from the cosmetics of colour and the size of that kick, is most of the rest the same Strike Pro or have they improved the module and the shell composition? Apologies if a bunch of that is in the announcement.. I read it but didn't pull up the original Pro to let it all sink in. Thanks!
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Chaser

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2019, 04:08:06 PM »
It's pouring rain here otherwise I'd go down to Guitar Center and check one out..if there is one on display.
The GC site shows shipping 12/05/2020.
Module looks to be the same..no special or different markings etc.
There is a mention in the Press Release,the product page and Retailers web pages of the module having 45,000 samples and 16gb sd card.
I don't know if the 45,000 number for the SE module is accurate...if so that's over 2.5x's the content thats in the module now.

The Kit and Instrument count in the SE Module User Guide matches the v1.5 update... "Kits & Sounds- 136 kits – 1,900 instruments "
The  STRIKE Module originally came with a 8gb sd card and currently with v1.5 (136 kits...1,902 Instruments over 17,000 samples.)

Eventually someone (probably youtuber) will (complain)state if the 45,000 is accurate or not or if the internals/triggers etc are the same or not.

I checked the Kit comparison (side by side) chart  on the Alesis site and the SE hasn't been added yet.

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2019, 11:06:08 PM »
It's pouring rain here otherwise I'd go down to Guitar Center and check one out..if there is one on display.
The GC site shows shipping 12/05/2020.
Module looks to be the same..no special or different markings etc.
There is a mention in the Press Release,the product page and Retailers web pages of the module having 45,000 samples and 16gb sd card.
I don't know if the 45,000 number for the SE module is accurate...if so that's over 2.5x's the content thats in the module now.

The Kit and Instrument count in the SE Module User Guide matches the v1.5 update... "Kits & Sounds- 136 kits – 1,900 instruments "
The  STRIKE Module originally came with a 8gb sd card and currently with v1.5 (136 kits...1,902 Instruments over 17,000 samples.)

Eventually someone (probably youtuber) will (complain)state if the 45,000 is accurate or not or if the internals/triggers etc are the same or not.

I checked the Kit comparison (side by side) chart  on the Alesis site and the SE hasn't been added yet.

At alesis web site it state, see feature tab https://www.alesis.com/products/view2/strike-pro-special-edition

Over 1800 drum and percussion instruments and 136 Kits
45,000 sample sounds included or load .wav files through included 16GB SD card

Edit: It look like the same they just counted round robin sample to make it look more impressive and adding external 16gb sd cards.

Internal is microsd= 1800 drum and percussion instruments and 136 Kits
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 01:37:57 PM by ChrisK »

Offline AlanK

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2019, 12:15:16 PM »
I don't have any of the Strike sets, but am curious.. wasn't the original module showing the kit in kind of a 2D look with barely any colour and the new SE showing the kit with colour and a more realistic 3D image? Or am I imagining things? :)  (or did an upgrade change that? I seem to recall videos and pics showing the original looking great but not as great as the one shown in the SE ads)

Offline Iggford

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2019, 12:44:08 PM »
From what I've seen, the screens now look the same.  I believe it was the v1.4 update that changed the look of the kit on the screen.  The complaint was that it looked great, but when the pads would light up upon playing, it didn't differentiate between head and rim anymore. 

I think I've read that the new v1.5 update fixed that, also.  Still haven't upgraded to 1.5 on mine, waiting until after this weekend's gig, JUST in case there are any quirks with settings :)

--
Shawn

Online Hellfire

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2019, 08:52:42 AM »
It's only been a month but, so far I haven't seen anyone complaining about the SE breaking yet. That's a good sign.
Like I stated earlier, it's all about the quality control at this point. If the quality control is there, at this price point it will be hard not to purchase for most. When that "IF" is out of the way (and I don't know when that is), the SE will be the best bang for your buck for an "all in" kit new that I know of.

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2019, 09:18:47 PM »
There was triggers design flaw before, now center plate on triggers are metal base instead of slim tiny acrylic that was bending all time and broke in center, also there is no more one single foam column on triggers, now there is like 4 foam disk on top of each others in pyramidal formation,  instead of one softer, but  pyramidal can fall \ slide to the left or right if the quality of glue is not enough strong. Also the kick have metal base, not plastic.

Now remain to see module and cymbal quality reliability.

What happens to the outside SE edition still using old plate? unknown.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 09:57:15 PM by ChrisK »

StirredCup

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2019, 01:40:43 PM »
There was triggers design flaw before, now center plate on triggers are metal base instead of slim tiny acrylic that was bending all time and broke in center, also there is no more one single foam column on triggers, now there is like 4 foam disk on top of each others in pyramidal formation,  instead of one softer, but  pyramidal can fall \ slide to the left or right if the quality of glue is not enough strong. Also the kick have metal base, not plastic.

Now remain to see module and cymbal quality reliability.

What happens to the outside SE edition still using old plate? unknown.

What's your source for this?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2020, 04:47:36 PM »
Since a lot of people have been wondering.....
I am starting to see the Pro SE kit pieces being sold individually.
There are 2 of the new kick drums on Reverb.

REVERB Alesis Pro SE Kick Drum

« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 05:16:37 PM by Chaser »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2020, 03:35:12 AM »