Author Topic: DM10 Studio midi map files (Addictive Drums & Superior Drummer)  (Read 22096 times)

Offline vaikl

Re: DM10 Studio midi map files (AD & SD)
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 05:23:12 PM »
Welcome to our forum!

Hello, new to eDrums and forum.  Got Dm8pro, having same issues as others with trigger assignments (notably, ride edge, etc..). Sounds like these maps have helped folks.  As another new person, I have not found the "ReadMe" doc that goes with these files/maps, and could use some tips properly downloading/opening/using this midi maps.  Thanks in advance.

Do you have SuperiorDrummer or AddictiveDrums? Otherwise the maps are useless. If you *have* one of the two installed, read its manual on how to place the files in the right folder and how to use them in the program itself.

To get familiar with "trigger settings" on your module and kit, search for that item here in the forum. We have a bunch of useful threads about settings and tips.

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 09:51:19 PM »
Yeah, thanks. As is probably the case with most folks on this (or any) forum, I've been slugging away at trying to navigate and learn this new piece of gear over the last month or so, then something really frustrating stumps you, and you realize talking to folks working on the same things would be very helpful; so, here I am...
Yes, I have a DM8pro kit and I do have Superior 2.3.1 on computer.  Learning quite a bit by staring bleary-eyed at the DM8 and Superior manuals, etc...  I'll search other threads also for answers more specific to my initial problem, and/or you may be able to point me in the right direction..
Again, sounds like the exact issue that most have had. DM8 is interfacing quite nicely with Superior, EXCEPT for a few things: I solved (at least sufficiently for now) the high hat 'chick' causing a crash by using 'learn' the train that to a 'close'.  The crash cymbal choke triggers a snare rimshot, and the ride choke triggers a closed hi hat. (any tips on those will be appreciated.. I get the gist of fact that DM's use note off, not aftertouch..).  BUT THE FIRST ISSUE I'D LOVE TO SOLVE is the Ride Edge triggering the Floor Tom1. Ideally I hope there's a way to get the ride edge to trigger the proper ride crash or another crash sound, even just disabling it from sounding the floor tom would get me going for now.. Can anyone point me toward a/any/several solutions for that? Thanks.

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 11:44:41 AM »
thank you so match man!!!! you are rock!!!

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 02:10:46 PM »
Does anyone recommend MIDIing up the kit for a live performance?
I did the 682Drums no soldering upgrade. See my photos here: http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=3683.msg31354#msg31354

Offline vaikl

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2013, 07:15:21 PM »

You could do it, many pro bands do it, however I wouldn't recommend it without experience and some pro resources.

The ubiquitous problem is latency. If you could find a way to get *all* instruments, effects, amp lines, mixer channels and laptops just in sync without having too much latency compensation, you're a winner ;)

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2013, 11:41:10 AM »

You could do it, many pro bands do it, however I wouldn't recommend it without experience and some pro resources.

The ubiquitous problem is latency. If you could find a way to get *all* instruments, effects, amp lines, mixer channels and laptops just in sync without having too much latency compensation, you're a winner ;)
Bummer. I don't have the resources. But you saved me from spending a bunch of money because I was planning on investing in this to get better drums sounds live.
I did the 682Drums no soldering upgrade. See my photos here: http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=3683.msg31354#msg31354

Offline Trondster

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 12:08:55 PM »
Try out a laptop with a trial version of BFD2 or similar. :)
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.