Author Topic: DM10 Studio midi map files (Addictive Drums & Superior Drummer)  (Read 22076 times)

Offline Tsints

DM10 Studio midi map files (Addictive Drums & Superior Drummer)
« on: October 28, 2010, 09:01:00 AM »
Addictive Drums 1.5 comes out of the box with a midi map only for the DM10 Pro kit. So I thought I should share the midi map files I created for the Studio Kit.
In the first attachment below, there are 3 midi map files. One for the Pro Kit, one for the Studio Kit (basic), and another one with crash2 and cowbell sounds in tom rims 3 and 4, for the Studio Kit as well.

In the second attachment, I have included two files for Superior Drummer 2. Choose the one that works best for you. However I couldn't get the choke function to work properly...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:03:07 AM by Tsints »

Offline vaikl

Re: DM10 Studio midi map files (AD & SD)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 02:18:48 PM »
Hey, Thanx Tsints! Fantastic work !!

MicroStudio

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 10:36:59 PM »
Downloaded it, put it in the folder you said.... works great! Thanks.

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 11:21:28 AM »
In reference to Tsints comment on Superior Drums "However I couldn't get the choke function to work properly..", Rev2010 posted the answer why the choke won't work here:

http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=606

Here's what he said:

"since the DM10 doesn't support the industry standard "Aftertouch" for choke you have to set up the cymbal up in Superior Drummer for the "Mute" sound. You select the cymbal and click to sub-edit the pad. The you select "Mute" under the various cymbal sounds available. Then you hit "Learn" to learn the midi note and press the choke strip.

The caveat to this is it's not a quick choke, it's rather slow. When I had a Roland kit which uses aftertouch the choke worked instantly and choked quickly. With my DM10 Pro kit I have it setup this alternate way and it's a good work around, it's just the chokes are too slow."

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 04:07:44 AM »
Thanks for the AD map! Got my kit the other day and now have time to sort up AD with the DM10 so this should come in handy :)

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 01:09:46 AM »
any idea how to get this to work with a Mac using Logic as a DAW for superior?

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 09:44:28 AM »
With thanks from Russia!

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 08:21:38 PM »
Ok so I'm a noob but where do the maps go?  What directory?  Also, do you know where to get a good map for BFD2?  Thanks.

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 08:25:52 PM »
Ok so I'm a noob but where do the maps go?  What directory?  Also, do you know where to get a good map for BFD2?  Thanks.

Wow, I am a noob.  Found the Readme.  Thanks!

Offline vaikl

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 08:40:34 PM »
Welcome to the forum, davesudak, and good that you've found it for yourself.

For BFD2, it's easy and more flexible to make your own MIDI map. Here you can find a good tutorial video on how to manage it:

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=10&tab=84 (scroll to "BFD2 - MIDI Mapping")

Offline MechanEvil

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 02:28:49 PM »
Killer thread, thanks for sharing!

- Arvind Jayaram
Warrior poet, guitar vocalist bassist drummer
... and inventor of the three-legged setup

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 06:29:36 PM »
thanks!!!!!!! from Russia

Offline einarabelc5

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 09:43:49 PM »
In reference to Tsints comment on Superior Drums "However I couldn't get the choke function to work properly..", Rev2010 posted the answer why the choke won't work here:

http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=606

Here's what he said:

"since the DM10 doesn't support the industry standard "Aftertouch" for choke you have to set up the cymbal up in Superior Drummer for the "Mute" sound. You select the cymbal and click to sub-edit the pad. The you select "Mute" under the various cymbal sounds available. Then you hit "Learn" to learn the midi note and press the choke strip.

The caveat to this is it's not a quick choke, it's rather slow. When I had a Roland kit which uses aftertouch the choke worked instantly and choked quickly. With my DM10 Pro kit I have it setup this alternate way and it's a good work around, it's just the chokes are too slow."

Does this has anything to do with HOW the DM10 plays the chokes...so unrealistically and annoyingly?

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2012, 10:08:02 AM »
anyone have any maps for SD with a choke thats a little better i've heard of the mute thing just don't get the whole midi set up deal. if anyone could post one you'd be my hero. ps i love the one already posted. 

Offline MechanEvil

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 12:48:02 PM »
Unfortunately, with this choke methodology, you don't really hit the cymbal and then grab it to choke it. You just grab the choke to get the sound, which "feels" weird. Was messing around with SD2 (got my comp back, yay) and wondering how to make that more realistic :)

- Jimmy Rage

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 01:02:44 AM »
Has anyone happened to create a drum midi map for Steven Slate or Ocean Way Drums? I know it's probably a shot in the dark, but right now I'm having trouble getting it to mesh well with my DM10. Ocean Way comes bundled with mappings for a Roland, but they are quite off for my purposes.

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 03:19:34 AM »
I've read an alternative to triggering the choke sample using the choke strip on the cymbal, is to assign the midi note of the choke to the choke on SD, BUT then you go to the main screen, select the current cymbal, and in the bottom right corner u click the "edit articulation only", select the choke articulation and then drag the lil volume slider next to the preview switch all the way down. That way it'll stop the cymbal sound rather than triggering the choke. It doesn't sound that good though but better than triggering the choke sample itself!

Offline vaikl

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 03:36:24 PM »
Has anyone happened to create a drum midi map for Steven Slate or Ocean Way Drums? I know it's probably a shot in the dark, but right now I'm having trouble getting it to mesh well with my DM10. Ocean Way comes bundled with mappings for a Roland, but they are quite off for my purposes.

You should add which version of SSD you're using. As far as the folks in the SSD forum report, there are differences in the mappings of SSD 3.5 and the new SSD4. And there are differences between the single kits too.

Offline MechanEvil

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 11:03:20 AM »
That's an interesting tip, Malstorm! I'm a little confused about drum maps though. I suppose I'll have to dig out the manual.

- Jimmy Rage

Offline Met

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 10:39:31 AM »
Hi Guys,

Thought of sharing some of the midi mappings i use for Addictive Drums And Toontrack Superior Drummer With the DM10 Studio Kit.
Do try it With the Pro Kit if You Need To And see if it works well or not. 8)

There's also a MIDI Nodes Mapping For Toontrack SD (Velocity Hi Hat Functionality for DAW Softwares)

Important: Select Your SDX or EZX Pack and Apply MIDI/MIDI Nodes Mappings each time you Select A Pack or Project Presets.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 11:25:39 AM by Meteoracp »

Offline Met

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 11:16:32 AM »
(This steps are for people who do not know how to load MIDI Mappings)

For Addictive Drums:
(Method 1) Click On "BEATS" tab/button and Select Map Preset (Mappings Found Under "User")
(Method 2) Click On "?" tab/button in Addictive Drums, Choose Map Window and Select Map Preset (Mappings Found Under "User")

Notes: Full Mapping is Done with Cymbal 3, and Xtra A, Xtra B Sounds Included in Tom2, Tom3 and Tom4 Rims. Tom1 Rim is left User Assignable.

Important: (To use this Midi mapping with proper Hi Hat Functionality, Press the Utility Button on the DM10 Module and Select Trig, Highlight Hi Hat and switch to Note Only).
Read the text document in Toontrack Mappings attachment for similar instructions when using Superior Drummer MIDI/MIDI Nodes Mappings.

For Toontrack Superior Drummer:
Click On "Mappings" tab/button, Click On "Presets" Tab And Select Either "MIDI" for MIDI Mappings or
"MIDI Nodes" for MIDI Nodes Mappings (Mappings Found Under "User Presets")

Notes: Tom1 and Tom2 Rims Has been Assigned with Cymbals, Tom3 Rim Has Cowbell Added and Punch has Been added To Ride Cymbal. Tom4 Rim is left User Assignable.

Important: Select Your SDX or EZX Pack and Apply MIDI/MIDI Nodes Mappings each time you Select A Pack or Project Presets.

(Directory For Toontrack SD MIDI Mappings For Mac Users)
/Users/<YourAccountName>/Library/Application Support/Toontrack/Superior2/MidiPresets       
(Thanks to vaikl for the Given Information.)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:50:08 PM by Meteoracp »

Offline MechanEvil

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2012, 12:37:34 PM »
Thanks, Meteoracp!

- Jimmy Rage

Offline Met

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2012, 02:23:49 PM »
@MechanEvil,

No Problem, Glad to be of help.

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 05:02:27 AM »
Also thanks from my side. Will test the SD maps provided here later - and hope to get my problem solved :)

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2012, 02:21:59 PM »
Hello, new to eDrums and forum.  Got Dm8pro, having same issues as others with trigger assignments (notably, ride edge, etc..). Sounds like these maps have helped folks.  As another new person, I have not found the "ReadMe" doc that goes with these files/maps, and could use some tips properly downloading/opening/using this midi maps.  Thanks in advance.