Author Topic: Create sound libraries?  (Read 2648 times)

Create sound libraries?
« on: December 23, 2011, 03:33:50 AM »
Hey, I'm wondering if it's possible to create custom .syx sound libraries for my DM10. Im really not too happy with the snares, chinas and crashes. Could I somehow compile .wav files into a syx file and upload it to my module? and with what program?

Offline Hellfire

Re: Create sound libraries?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 11:46:24 AM »
Hey, I'm wondering if it's possible to create custom .syx sound libraries for my DM10. Im really not too happy with the snares, chinas and crashes. Could I somehow compile .wav files into a syx file and upload it to my module? and with what program?
Welcome to the forum AshtonOL. The answer to your question is no. The DM10 doesn't allow users to upload their own .wav files. You can adjust the onboard sounds or you can try purchasing the Blue Jay sound set. However, I doubt you would like the Blue Jay sound set as it doesn't have any chinas or any aux percussion. I hope that helps. Again, welcome to the forum.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 04:55:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum AshtonOL. The answer to your question is no. The DM10 doesn't allow users to upload their own .wav files. You can adjust the onboard sounds or you can try purchasing the Blue Jay sound set. However, I doubt you would like the Blue Jay sound set as it doesn't have any chinas or any aux percussion. I hope that helps. Again, welcome to the forum.

I know you cant upload the midi files, but im wondering if its possible to take midi files and compress them into a .syx file, which the module uses. then I could create my own sound library for the module (like the blue jay sound library.)

Offline Conrad55

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 08:24:52 AM »
No one has figured out how to yet.  If your a programer and think you can work it out, you would have a ton of DM10 users as your best friends! 

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 11:14:03 AM »

I know you cant upload the midi files, but im wondering if its possible to take midi files and compress them into a .syx file, which the module uses. then I could create my own sound library for the module (like the blue jay sound library.)

Hi, I want to ask if you found the option of doing so? I also wanted to make my sound. well thank you