Author Topic: Dream Drum Module  (Read 3466 times)

Dream Drum Module
« on: November 21, 2009, 07:28:27 PM »
Hellfire....perhaps you can help me.

Here's what I want in a drum module:

I want a small unit that fits into my/our electronic bass drums. I want to be able to program it with my laptop at home, then take it to a gig with only 10 or 20 selectable drumsets. I do not want to run a laptop at a gigs.

I want to be able to vary the volume of each instrument if needed, and of course change the overall volume of the set.

My pedals use lots of inputs, so 20 for the whole set should do the trick. But acoustic drummers with triggered bass drums might only need a few.

Light weight would be a plus.

Does anything like this exist? If not, what would be the best way to do this?

Mark
Drumagination, Inc.

Alesis DM10
2000 Watt Carvin powered Bass Drum
Double TwinSteele drum pedals
Footless HH
Drumagination.com

Online Hellfire

Re: Dream Drum Module
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 04:05:43 PM »
Hellfire....perhaps you can help me.

Here's what I want in a drum module:

I want a small unit that fits into my/our electronic bass drums. I want to be able to program it with my laptop at home, then take it to a gig with only 10 or 20 selectable drumsets. I do not want to run a laptop at a gigs.

I want to be able to vary the volume of each instrument if needed, and of course change the overall volume of the set.

My pedals use lots of inputs, so 20 for the whole set should do the trick. But acoustic drummers with triggered bass drums might only need a few.

Light weight would be a plus.

Does anything like this exist? If not, what would be the best way to do this?

Mark
Drumagination, Inc.
Nothing like that exists as far as I know. The DM10 would come close but it is only capable of 22 total zones and no after market drum sounds have been released yet. Plus, the foot print of the DM10 is much larger than the DM6 (which is what I believe you used in your pictures for a size reference).

Something tells me another patent might be in the works. ;)