Author Topic: Strike Module Custom Kits  (Read 24146 times)

Offline DannyM

Re: Strike Module Custom Kits
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2023, 11:40:19 PM »
Thanks so much Chaser !!

Offline stylazyn

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2023, 10:37:56 AM »
Hello Chaser,

Are these full kits that work on the Strike Module?

If so,do they follow the same instructions using the Strike SD card Hellfire posted for his custom Kit?

Please let me know when you have time.

Thanks in advance.

It said there was a virus...also in the US here.

edit: finally got them to download. (06/23/23)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 08:12:55 PM by stylazyn »

Offline stylazyn

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2023, 08:14:45 PM »
Quick question. I saw it somewhere before, but the names of some of the Strike pre-made kits are supposed to sound like certain drums from certain bands? I was looking for an Alice in Chains kit but maybe I missed it.

Offline stylazyn

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2023, 12:43:19 PM »
Quick question. I saw it somewhere before, but the names of some of the Strike pre-made kits are supposed to sound like certain drums from certain bands? I was looking for an Alice in Chains kit but maybe I missed it.
Found this on Reddit:
031 ? 3rd I Kit ? (Third Eye Blind)?

034 ? Rose Ann Kit ? Rosanna (Toto)

040 ? Tonight?s Air ? In the Air Tonight (Phil Collins)

055 ? Rocker Man ? Rocket Man (Elton John)

056 ? There Goes My Kit ? There Goes My Hero (Foo Fighters)

057 ? Blood Sugar Kit ? Blood Sugar Sex Magic (Red Hot Chilli Peppers)

062 ? Moving Pictures ? Moving Pictures Album (Rush)

073 ? Gone Crazy ? Let?s Go Crazy (Prince)

074 ? Yellow Kit ? Yellow Ledbetter (Pearl Jam)?

089 ? Lavey Breaks ? When the Levee Breaks (Led Zeppelin)

094 ? Panther Metal ? (Steel Panther)???

100 ? That Tom Kit ? (Tom Petty)???

110 ? Who?s That ? (The Who)

111 ? Love That Voodoo ? Voodoo Child (Jimi Hendrix)

129 ? Sandy Man ? Enter Sandman/Black Album (Metallica)

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2023, 08:36:04 AM »
Hello
Old guy with new e-drums.
I was playing around with my Strike Pro SE and was wondering how some of the sounds are programmed - like (I believe it was) EDM-38 or a few in that range of kits where there were more than one sound associated with a given pad ? zone and many of them were velocity dependent - hit softly and you have one sound, hit harder and you have another. There is also a situation where each time you hit a particular pad, the sound / melody shifts through a chord or arpeggio within a specific scale. How is all this accomplished?
And is there not a midi editor for this to do it on the computer?? I watched a guy go through this painful process of simple editing on the module and holy crap I wouldn't waste too much time doing that.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2023, 11:13:46 AM »
Hello
Old guy with new e-drums.
I was playing around with my Strike Pro SE and was wondering how some of the sounds are programmed - like (I believe it was) EDM-38 or a few in that range of kits where there were more than one sound associated with a given pad ? zone and many of them were velocity dependent - hit softly and you have one sound, hit harder and you have another. There is also a situation where each time you hit a particular pad, the sound / melody shifts through a chord or arpeggio within a specific scale. How is all this accomplished?
And is there not a midi editor for this to do it on the computer?? I watched a guy go through this painful process of simple editing on the module and holy crap I wouldn't waste too much time doing that.

Welcome to the Forum !

No need to post the same exact question in multiple areas.

It's quiet/low participation as Social Media changed everything.
There were a few groups for different Kits started on Facebook such as the STRIKE Owners Group... STRIKE Multipad..Nitro etc so participation in Forums isn't nearly as active as it once was.
I can't comment on how active or how much info there is in the Social media Groups as I personally do not belong to any Social Media.
This Forum has a massive Knowledge base accumulated over the years so most that join are seeking help/solutions...problem solving.

You are refering to Velocity Switching.
You can use the STRIKE Editor (Under Downloads) and insert wav files into any Velocity layer/Range.
Hellfire posted (very 1st post in this Topic) an example of a Kit with Velocity switching on the rims....Rim Hit to Rim Shot.
There is a Category named "Melodic" and "Melodic SEQ" you can change Instruments under Voices and go through and listen to them.
The pitch change is not automatic or controlled by the Module..They are sequences.It depends how you arrange them in the Velocity Ranges.
Typically they are on Layer B..with the Drum/Cymbal on Layer A.
There are a few kits on the module setup this way..a guitar example would be 077 Guitar Rock Kit..
You can load these in the STRIKE Editor,look at how they are arranged/sample sizes in each instrument and use for a Template ..then replicate replace with samples in the module, your own ideas/samples,change ranges etc

You can use/trigger fills,patterns etc etc but need to be aware of wav sample sizes or you will exceed the 200mb per kit limit.
You can also create simple "Quick Instruments" and loops on the module..however you cannot access or place into the Velocity layers/Ranges without the Editor.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 11:15:17 AM by Chaser »

« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2023, 08:34:04 AM »
Thanks very much for the reply Chaser. It was the low traffic that had me think I should post in more than one category. And I am seeing what you say about the decline of forums in some of the other ones I used to hang in - mostly older folks like me there now. I have a FaceBook account only because I have a daughter and grandchildren and I get to see a lot more pics and videos that way, but that's the only one I really have.
I just left town for a few days so now I'm quite excited to get back and play with this. Thanks again for the information!

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2024, 06:29:56 PM »
Is there some site or database to download custom kits? I really thought my Alesis Strike was going to allow more of this. My wife plays guitar and just got a Fender Mustang GT and it's really cool, has an app and she can download "presets" from a community of presets. We just downloaded AC/DC Highway to hell sound profile as well as Pantera - Walk to her amp, I was hoping I could do something similar like download an AC/DC drum kit/file but I can't find anything like this.