Commons > Lobby

Introduction

(1/5) > >>

Joe the Bike Guy:
Good morning and Happy Fourth of July!
My name is Joe and I am a retired Letter Carrier.  I bought my DM10 MKII Studio set a year and a half ago.  My only problem with it was a broken wire in one of the pads.  Until now😟
3 days ago the highs went out of the system and I lost some punch in the lower tones.  I knew it was the module, so I reset it to it's base settings.  Lost all of the songs and did not fix my problem.  So I went to the Alesis website to try and find out how to reboot the module.  Got a lot of information but no PDF file to use.  I wrote to Alesis and still have not heard from them😞
Sorry to enter into your grand company with my tale of woe.  I need help with this and am hoping you have what I need.
Thank you
Joe the Bike Guy

Chaser:

--- Quote from: Joe the Bike Guy on July 04, 2020, 07:12:52 AM ---Good morning and Happy Fourth of July!
My name is Joe and I am a retired Letter Carrier.  I bought my DM10 MKII Studio set a year and a half ago.  My only problem with it was a broken wire in one of the pads.  Until now
3 days ago the highs went out of the system and I lost some punch in the lower tones.  I knew it was the module, so I reset it to it's base settings.  Lost all of the songs and did not fix my problem.  So I went to the Alesis website to try and find out how to reboot the module.  Got a lot of information but no PDF file to use.  I wrote to Alesis and still have not heard from them
Sorry to enter into your grand company with my tale of woe.  I need help with this and am hoping you have what I need.
Thank you
Joe the Bike Guy

--- End quote ---

The COMMAND/CRIMSON/II/DM10 MKII Studio/FORGE are based off the Medeli DD650.The differences between the modules is in the Firmware and sometimes the DB25 Cable.
The Alesis User Guide is minimal but has the MIDI map , which is different from the others.
Here is a much more in depth Guide/Manual
It also has the Kit/Instrument(Voices)/Songs listed starting on pg 27.They should be similar if not the same as whats in the DM10 MKII Studio module.

Did you do the reset from the Menu ?..or the Power up?

Factory reset...Hold down < and > simultaneously when powering on you should see RST.. for a brief moment.

If that is no help.
Under Kit Menu/Page
You can increase the EQ's (-12dB~12dB),factory defaults are usually at Zero except for the High which is 4.
Try raising them evenly or max them all out and slowly lower until you reach desired levels.
This will also increase the overall volume so you may want to lower the main/headphone volumes first.
Between the EQ's..Kit Volume and Main Volume you should be able to achieve a good balance

Happy 4th !

Joe the Bike Guy:
Dear Chaser!
Thank You for your response :)  I reset using the <> buttons instead of the Reset from the menu and the songs re-appeared!  Yayyy
Now I will try to work on the High sounds and the lack of high pitched snare sound.  I am using the 070 snare
Hooorahhh
Cheers
Joe

Joe the Bike Guy:
Hi Chaser!
I went back and tried to adjust everything but still no highs :-\  I checked the output of the module and low and behold, there's nothing coming out of the Right side!!!!  I'll bet my bottom dollar that the Treble is dominant on the Right side, ergo the HH is a whisper and so are the Cymbals, and the snare lost it's snap!!  Now do you have any idea what the next step might be??  BTW, Alesis still has not responded to my initial request for information.
Cheers
Joe

Joe the Bike Guy:
Also, the number on the module is (21)B51804226100399

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version