Commons > Lobby

self isolation

(1/6) > >>

AlanK:
So with all the covid19 insanity I'm now working from home for who knows how long as many of you may also be. I was due to have my bros over this weekend to jam/practice and we've decided to abide by the social distancing suggestions and postpone the get together. I'm sure many of you are doing the same wherever you are.. I'm up in Ottawa, Canada so we're just now starting to see the spread pick up.

Just wanted to wish you all good luck, good health, and stay sane. I think I've got enough toilet paper to last a few weeks at least (wtf is up with the hoarding, do the panickers think this flu will give them diarrhea??). In the meantime, I'll have a lot of time to play my drums so I'm grateful to have such an incredible way to fill up time during isolation!

Think I'm going to do some more cover videos and will share them as I get the time. Best wishes to the alesisDrummer community and to all your families and friends.

Alan

Chaser:

--- Quote from: AlanK on March 19, 2020, 02:03:36 PM ---So with all the covid19 insanity I'm now working from home for who knows how long as many of you may also be. I was due to have my bros over this weekend to jam/practice and we've decided to abide by the social distancing suggestions and postpone the get together. I'm sure many of you are doing the same wherever you are.. I'm up in Ottawa, Canada so we're just now starting to see the spread pick up.

Just wanted to wish you all good luck, good health, and stay sane. I think I've got enough toilet paper to last a few weeks at least (wtf is up with the hoarding, do the panickers think this flu will give them diarrhea??). In the meantime, I'll have a lot of time to play my drums so I'm grateful to have such an incredible way to fill up time during isolation!

Think I'm going to do some more cover videos and will share them as I get the time. Best wishes to the alesisDrummer community and to all your families and friends.

Alan

--- End quote ---

Hey Alan !!
I just got back from the "Wild" (grocery shopping in So Cal).
I think the hoarding is because Politicians/Public Officials etc don't think... in the same sentence.."No need to hoard...BTW you are now required to "shelter in place"..
Schools here (OC) are done for the year..
I was in Vegas yesterday...everything is now shut down for 30 days and mass panic..

There is a free live Musician/Live Music Platform I have been meaning to check out but haven't had the time.I can't confirm/verify if it works well or if it's cr*p..Internet speeds have come along way since it's release
It's been out for awhile,you could check that out with the bros..desktop only for MacOS/Windows..Ethernet port for real-time online sessions (WiFi not recommended)Broadband Internet service with 1Mbps uplink bandwidth for real-time online sessions...
Examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4SSNHkGcfg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dibRmkIaMjs

JAMKAZAM

Hellfire:
Yes, this is crazy! I had to break down my drum kit so my wife had room to work. We are both working from home and both my kids are home, one doing online classes for collage and the other off for the next 3 weeks (possible the rest of the school year).

I have no idea when I'll get to play drums again.  :-\

Oh well, at least the family is home and safe.  :)

BTW, JAMKAZAM looks cool!

Chaser:

--- Quote from: Hellfire on March 19, 2020, 04:34:04 PM ---Yes, this is crazy! I had to break down my drum kit so my wife had room to work. We are both working from home and both my kids are home, one doing online classes for collage and the other off for the next 3 weeks (possible the rest of the school year).

I have no idea when I'll get to play drums again.  :-\

Oh well, at least the family is home and safe.  :)

BTW, JAMKAZAM looks cool!

--- End quote ---

Good to hear family is all good and at home and the one in collage isn't stuck somewhere for Spring break like Florida where they just announced closing the beaches because of the giant crowds of partying collage kids..5 mins ago there was a Statewide "Stay at Home Order" issued here and all non-essential business' must close until April 19..about as close to Martial Law as you can get...so I guess it's time to get caught up on some projects I have been meaning to get to..although I have got a lot of air travel between now and then.
I have a lot of friends that own/operate "non-essential business'" so it's going to be a rough 30 days..

--- Quote from: Hellfire on March 19, 2020, 04:34:04 PM ---BTW, JAMKAZAM looks cool!

--- End quote ---

The main issue that I ran into with live platforms was latency..everyone had different audio interfaces and video frame rates etc and different bandwidth..some slower some faster..I think Jamkazam did a kickstarter for an interface so that all musicians would have the same connection and the online program could distribute the signal evenly.

powerhouse:
I'm here in Maryland on the East Coast of the U.S. and the toilet paper hoarding is in full swing.
I have been on a nearly 2 week quest to find some and finally struck pay dirt the other day. It is absolutely ridiculous.
I saw where some stores had guards stationed in the toilet paper aisles so that employees could restock without getting harassed.
I'm 54 and have never seen anything like this before including 9/11 and Y2K.
I'm a power plant operator/Stationary Engineer and was on watch during both 9/11 and Y2K and stopped at the stores on the way home to asses the situation and everything seemed normal at that time.
Now, you can't find any paper products at all, no medicines including aspirin, the pet food aisles are emptying out, no bottled water, and forget about cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer.
This is crazy!
I have to take my 74 yr. old mother to the store this morning and I'm afraid she wont be able to find anything.
She lives 50 miles from me and I go to her house every other week since it's close to where I work.
I expect the Governor to close down the state like California did and at that point, I don't know what she will do since I'm her only transportation.
I am considered an essential employee so I will have to report to work no matter what so I still may be able to help her out on my home as normal.
Crazy times we have here!
On the plus side, I picked up an Akai MPC live and Novation Circuit so I can make my own songs to jam along to on my drum kit.
I bring them to work and write some songs to them then go home and route them through my mixer. I can mute the programmed drum tracks if I want to or play over top of them. It's very cool!

powerhouse

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version