Equipment > Drum Modules/Machines

using dm6 hi-hat style pedal to trigger bass drum

(1/3) > >>

edamsterdam:
I have upgraded my dm6 to a dm10.
using 4 dual zone pads from the dm6 at the moment (one of them is a mesh one).... please enlighten me

if i insert a splitter between my controller (hi-hat) pedal and the dm10 i will be able to select it as kick 2 and change the setting from trig to switch, without having a second kick pedal on the splitter?

in other words,....is there any way to use the hi-hat pedal from the dm6 as a kick on the dm10?

thanks in advance

Chaser:

--- Quote from: edamsterdam on June 27, 2020, 08:25:07 PM ---I have upgraded my dm6 to a dm10.
using 4 dual zone pads from the dm6 at the moment (one of them is a mesh one).... please enlighten me

if i insert a splitter between my controller (hi-hat) pedal and the dm10 i will be able to select it as kick 2 and change the setting from trig to switch, without having a second kick pedal on the splitter?

in other words,....is there any way to use the hi-hat pedal from the dm6 as a kick on the dm10?

thanks in advance

--- End quote ---
I presume the HH Controller is the DM Hat..
The Kick input on the module is a dual zone input, so you can use a standard TRS to TS splitter on it (stereo TRS plug goes into the module, and is a Y cable with two female TS connections).. then you use one TS (mono) cable to the Kick pad (Tip) and another TS cable to the DM Hat (Ring)

In the module, you will configure Kick 1 (Tip) as Function=Trigger,Input Type = Piezo. Kick 2 (Ring) as Function = Trigger,Input Type = Switch.

There are different ways to you could setup the cable but usually splitters are short,hence the (2) female ends and TS cables.

edamsterdam:
first of all
thank you very much for your reply.

I will try that, but I'll be lying if I say I'm not looking into buying a mesh kick pad in the near future.

At least the pads are working how they are supposed to.  I made the error of getting a mesh pad and now I'm hooked.

Any recommendation on bass pedals to use with a mesh kick pad?  beater?

thank you

Chaser:

--- Quote from: edamsterdam on June 30, 2020, 09:57:28 PM ---first of all
thank you very much for your reply.

I will try that, but I'll be lying if I say I'm not looking into buying a mesh kick pad in the near future.

At least the pads are working how they are supposed to.  I made the error of getting a mesh pad and now I'm hooked.

Any recommendation on bass pedals to use with a mesh kick pad?  beater?

thank you

--- End quote ---

Kick pedals are more of a personal preference/selection.
There is a large variety depending on playing style,budget etc which is why most kits,other than a few entry level don't come with them.
Usually intermediate to advanced kits are purchased by someone who is updating/upgrading etc and already have a kick pedal.
The rule for beaters is never use felt on mesh,the friction will fuse or burn a hole in it.
If you still find it necessary to use felt you will need a patch on the mesh head.

If you are going for an Alesis mesh kick tower,there are 3 versions to consider.
The early/original Realhead,the later mesh head tower and the most recent.
The original Realhead Kick had a mylar head and you did the mesh conversion.
The later version came out with a mesh conversion direct from the factory when all the DM10 kits went to mesh (DM10 Studio Mesh..DM10 X Mesh etc).
These kick towers can also be upgraded to larger pads so more room for double beaters.
The latest/most recent kick tower is 8" mesh and cannot be upgraded.
It is easily identified with the 3 screws and mounting.

Left:Original version with 10" upgrade,Right:Current Version

edamsterdam:
great thanks

any difference in sensitivity between those 3 options?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version