Author Topic: Strike Gig bags  (Read 1409 times)

Strike Gig bags
« on: November 22, 2018, 01:02:31 PM »
Hi anyone got any ideas for Gig bags for the Strike?
I've spent most of the day trawling the web and I'm thinking of trying "Protection Rackets" Electronic drum kit case 28"x16"x16" for the drums and most of the bits and a Gator G-mixerbag-2519 for the kick...
Haven't found anything for the rack assembly yet though.
I'm considering getting some thumbscrews for the Module bracket as it looks pretty flimsy and I'd hate to break it...
Also has anyone come up with an idea for a multipin plug and socket for faster connection of the Module? I can see it being a real bitch in a dim club, trying to identify which lead goes where...
Any other ideas out there?

Re: Strike Gig bags
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 02:25:26 PM »
Just an update.
I went to Absolute Music at Bournmouth, they didn't have the Protection Racket 28x16x16 bag so I bought the 36x16x16 bag, I got it for the same price as the 28" one :) and I've got the drums in plus the kit module and other stuff, happy bunny.
The internal divider is way too long, I had to cut it in half. The only thing that would have been better would have been if it had wheels on the back end.
I also got the 13-16-18 Zildjian Gen 16 BBs set, expensive but I can't wait to get them set up and have a play. I tried them in store and they sound great, a massive improvement on the Alesis rubber ones.
I found it hard to get used to the strength of strike needed to trigger them and the hi-hat kept sounding like a gun going off if I relaxed my foot and then put it down again. I will probably use them all together on the kit eventually.
I'll use my cymbal stands from the acoustic kit for now and get some more for the rack later.
The Zildjian Gen 16 module and cymbal sensors etc. have also fitted in the Protection racket bag, glad I got the longer one now.
Brilliant, well pleased... Just waiting for the Gator bag for the kick drum now.