Author Topic: Introducing DMEditor (now version 1.1a and open source!)  (Read 113087 times)

Offline India51A

Re: Introducing DMEditor (now version 1.1!)
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2013, 03:27:34 PM »
Thanks for that, I've finally sussed it out and it's working now.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 03:46:19 PM by India51A »

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2013, 04:05:38 PM »
Sure thing. Let me know if you have any other problems (PMs, etc. are fine, too).

Offline India51A

« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2013, 02:37:33 PM »
Just tried out the Editor again, for some reason it doesn't go to 100 on the DM10 Module?

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2013, 05:04:21 PM »
You probably need to enable MIDI program changes on your module. Hit Utility, then MIDI (second button from the left under the display), then EXT (same button). Make sure "Prog Chng" is set to "RECEIVE" (should be OFF by default).

Once that's done, try relaunching DMEditor and see if that works.

Offline brandonstelly

« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2013, 11:29:04 PM »
Int he .zip file should be one .exe (the actual program), a directory called 'soundsets,' and two .xml files in that directory (stock.xml and bluejay.xml). If you don't have those XML files in that directory, the program doesn't know what any of the instruments are.

It might be wise to edit your first post (at the top of the thread) temporarily with the GDrive link until the website is fixed.

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2013, 11:45:52 PM »
I did; check the line under the link. :)

I'm going to have to completely redo the site, as it's totally hosed. I'll edit the first post to clear that up.

Offline India51A

« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2013, 05:45:28 AM »
You probably need to enable MIDI program changes on your module. Hit Utility, then MIDI (second button from the left under the display), then EXT (same button). Make sure "Prog Chng" is set to "RECEIVE" (should be OFF by default).

Thanks very much, that worked fine, though to anyone else that might read this, you MUST store it after you set it to receive.   ;D

Offline Guinness

« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2013, 12:38:44 PM »
WOW...  I see what I've missed since not logging on often enough.  This tool sounds fantastic.  Can't wait to try it!

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2013, 11:58:41 PM »
Guinness! Long time no see! :D

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions to offer.

« Reply #134 on: November 22, 2013, 07:59:33 AM »
Any chance of a mac version?  I'm an experienced Java developer - as well as a drummer :) and I could help. Then we'd have a mac/windows/linux version.

Offline JimmyB

« Reply #135 on: December 07, 2013, 10:53:43 PM »
This is a fantastic app!  Thanks so much for the time and effort that went into this program..
JimmyB

Offline Drummatt

« Reply #136 on: January 01, 2014, 08:24:45 PM »
I have just arrived on the site, and wanted to say AMAZING!!

I actually opted for the DM10 over the others not through cost but playability...

And now I have found Corvidae's genius....I am really excited... dig out the PC from the loft time!!

Splendid work!!! I am off to trawl the site for Hi Hat Trigger options now....Any Idea's for upgrading... really not sure about the Gen16 due to it being SOOO proprietary... thoughts?

Thanks again!

Matt
**New**
Digital - DM10 Mesh using SD2, Ultimate IEM's through Yamaha 01V96.
------------------------------------------------------------
Acoustic - Tama SC Bubinga, Pearl Reference Snare A&Z Customs 8/9/12/14/16/17/19/20/22 Kelly Shu'd Kicker with Beta52 Inside - Red Shots etc...
Too Many Snares!!!!

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2014, 10:19:34 AM »
Thanks! :D

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2014, 09:59:36 PM »

This was important. thanks. I couldn't figure it out
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline Khes74

« Reply #139 on: February 01, 2014, 02:51:25 PM »
So all the kits on 00-99 were put on my slots 100-199. ? I want to edit the kits 1-99 but I want to have the basis of all kits all ready there.( for example I only want to edit like 4 sounds on one kit but I don't want to take the time to edit every sound in the module. As an example If I choose  kit 83  "Funk Pop", I want to be able to save it to 183(which I did) then edit it through this editor. Then I want to replace the original "Funk Pop" with the kit I edited in the editor. I want to have the base kits  such as "Funk Pop" then make changes to them by using the Computer Editor. Is this possible? Is there an unedited listed of the kits 0-99 that I can replace with the default kits in the editor?

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2014, 08:44:40 PM »
So all the kits on 00-99 were put on my slots 100-199. ? I want to edit the kits 1-99 but I want to have the basis of all kits all ready there.( for example I only want to edit like 4 sounds on one kit but I don't want to take the time to edit every sound in the module. As an example If I choose  kit 83  "Funk Pop", I want to be able to save it to 183(which I did) then edit it through this editor. Then I want to replace the original "Funk Pop" with the kit I edited in the editor. I want to have the base kits  such as "Funk Pop" then make changes to them by using the Computer Editor. Is this possible? Is there an unedited listed of the kits 0-99 that I can replace with the default kits in the editor?

Unfortunately, there's no way to export the original kits from the module. I could put in support for that, but it was mind-numbing enough getting every setting of the "Default" kit... doing another 99 would probably drive me more insane than I already am.

Your best bet might be to fire up the module and DMEditor side-by-side (but not connected) and duplicate the kit in DMEditor, going screen-by-screen in the module. Once that's done, you could connect them and tweak the kit from there.

Sorry there isn't really a better way to handle that. If someone wants to go through and document every setting on every kit, I can put it into another build.

Offline Corvidae

Re: Introducing DMEditor (now version 1.1a and open source!)
« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2014, 04:46:49 PM »
You know, I was thinking about DMEditor today and realizing that a. I don't want to have to fix dmeditor.com yet again, and b. I'm pretty much done with it, so I decided to do something potentially foolish.

It's now open source!

https://dmeditor.codeplex.com/

If you don't know what that means, you can safely ignore this post; for those that do, let me know if you have any questions or improvements.

Offline vaikl

« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2014, 06:15:31 PM »
Hehe, an OpenSource arrow straight into the heart of Alesis' closed marketing ;D
Well done!

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2014, 06:31:14 PM »
FIGHT THE POWER!

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2014, 03:47:56 PM »
This is not foolish at all.

Now if we had a bigger library of kits, all would be harmonious in the universe.
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2014, 05:12:37 PM »
If someone wants to "donate" a couple of sample kits, I could throw them in the distribution (hint hint)...  8)

« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2014, 09:18:29 AM »
I think we need to make sure anyone who donates kits specifies what hardware they are using and what conversions are in place on their kits.

Also please provide a step by step guide for donating kits.

Offline Trondster

« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2014, 11:26:09 AM »
When donating a kit it doesn't matter at all whether the pads are stock or mesh - what matters is the number and type of triggers connected to the module - single zone or dual zone; cymbals or pads.

The type of conversion has to do with trigger settings - not drum kits. :)
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

Offline Corvidae

« Reply #148 on: May 27, 2014, 04:37:30 PM »
Fortunately, if someone makes a kit where Perc2 is a tom and you want it to be on Perc3 instead, you can always swap the instruments inside DMEditor and not have to adjust your kit. :)

« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2014, 09:21:06 AM »
OK, I understand. I thought we were also donating trigger settings which I think we all agree are essential to the playability of any kit.