Author Topic: DM10 stock kits  (Read 5800 times)

Offline Guinness

DM10 stock kits
« on: April 24, 2010, 12:01:37 AM »
I just got done working up a sweat playing along with Pearl Jam's ten.  Know what I noticed?   The fusion kit is a pretty close match.

What kits have you found that match up well with a particular band?

Offline ghostman

Re: DM10 stock kits
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 09:01:19 PM »
004 - Big Wet sounds A LOT like Led Zeppelin I - I was playing "You Shook Me"

I was amazed.  Snare, bass toms, excellent match.  Hats, not so much..
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 03:00:34 AM »
Good to know.  I'll try it out.  Thanks.

Offline DeeDubs

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 08:55:36 AM »
004 - Big Wet sounds A LOT like Led Zeppelin I - I was playing "You Shook Me"

I was amazed.  Snare, bass toms, excellent match.  Hats, not so much..

For Bonzo, look for the Levee kit I think it's 044.
Bashing away on: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit w/ Bluejay soundset, Yamaha DTXM12, Addictive Drums, Gibraltar Cage & old skool Ludwig Maple Kit.

Check out my silly mug with "So What" at http://www.sowhatct.com

Offline ghostman

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 02:04:04 PM »
Wow, I didn't like that levee kit at all.. pee-yew!  well, not that bad, but I think 04 is betta.  tho, 100 is coming along nicely.
Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX.  Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.

Offline DeeDubs

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 08:08:02 PM »
I found a couple others tinkering around..

053 - Alex Van Halen  (Fair Warning) - Play the beginning of track 2 (Dirty Movies)
078 - Limp Bizkit - Kinda sounds like the kit from 'Nookie'

Again, this is only my opinion.. Others may not agree

It's still a free net.  ;)
Bashing away on: Alesis DM10 Pro Kit w/ Bluejay soundset, Yamaha DTXM12, Addictive Drums, Gibraltar Cage & old skool Ludwig Maple Kit.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 08:57:54 AM »
I haven't really tried to match the stock kits up with recordings I've heard. I do know that there is enough different types of drum samples and effects to make a kit sound just about like any recording you can imagine however.

Offline DeeDubs

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 09:46:48 AM »
I definitely agree, HF.

I finally got around to setting up the camcorder in the basement - I carved out some fresh space in the furnace room after our tag sale ;)

I did a little messing around with kit 78 and posted it up. I love how the DM10 handles ghost notes!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC28KGIM6SM

Now I can really practice!!

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 10:54:52 AM »
I definitely agree, HF.

I finally got around to setting up the camcorder in the basement - I carved out some fresh space in the furnace room after our tag sale ;)

I did a little messing around with kit 78 and posted it up. I love how the DM10 handles ghost notes!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC28KGIM6SM

Now I can really practice!!
Sounds good! BTW DeeDubs, you're a good drummer.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 11:58:33 AM »
I watched a bit here at work.  will watch at home tonight. 

I too changed my snare settings (curve and senstivity), and now I'm getting great ghost notes with my snare.  Before, it was registering, but really low (1 bar) and inaudible.

Offline DeeDubs

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 01:06:31 PM »
Thanks HF!

I need to hook up the iPod now so I can post some drum covers now that I got the recording part ok.. I'm thinking maybe a few passages from some songs to show how the DM10 sounds stack up..

Offline Pier

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 02:04:43 PM »
I agree, you're drummin' good, man!  ;)
And the kit SOUNDS good. So now we know for sure that's all about tweaking.
Looking forward to hear your covers

Offline DeeDubs

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 02:11:06 PM »
I agree, you're drummin' good, man!  ;)
And the kit SOUNDS good. So now we know for sure that's all about tweaking.
Looking forward to hear your covers

Pier,

That's the stock kit 78.. I didn't tweak the sounds at all.. :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 02:13:23 PM by DeeDubs »

Offline Pier

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 02:19:41 PM »
Uh! That's even greater to hear!
Well, and btw this doesn't detract anything from your good drumming!  :)

Offline ghostman

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 04:02:20 PM »
I watched a bit here at work.  will watch at home tonight. 

I too changed my snare settings (curve and senstivity), and now I'm getting great ghost notes with my snare.  Before, it was registering, but really low (1 bar) and inaudible.
I agree with everyone else - great drumming.  good video, just need a little more zoom out or pan down to see all of your snare work.

Excellent.  I'll need to look at kit 78..

Offline Guinness

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 04:34:03 PM »
I messed with 78 last night.  I liked it, but not in a "i wanna have your baby" kinda way.

I did play Big Wet 004 last night with Bad Company and Boston.  Pretty complimentary match.  I played it both drumless and with.  Good one for 70's rock, imo.

Offline H3RB

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 05:11:54 PM »
i love big wet and wood pop, both of the snares in those kits are sexy

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 06:17:34 PM »
i love big wet and wood pop, both of the snares in those kits are sexy
Wood pop is my fav stock kit as well.

Offline ghostman

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 07:18:58 PM »
I messed with 78 last night.  I liked it, but not in a "i wanna have your baby" kinda way.

I did play Big Wet 004 last night with Bad Company and Boston.  Pretty complimentary match.  I played it both drumless and with.  Good one for 70's rock, imo.

hehe.. I thought that too, good kit, but I pushed up, and played #79 for like 20-30 minutes.  It's a good match for the older AC/DC (Back in Black) albums.

Offline Guinness

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2010, 07:34:57 PM »

hehe.. I thought that too, good kit, but I pushed up, and played #79 for like 20-30 minutes.  It's a good match for the older AC/DC (Back in Black) albums.

Really?  79?  I'll have to check that out.  With the drumless tracks I've been playing a lot of ACDC.  But I created my own kit for it.  I'll have to try 079.

laters