Author Topic: Another new guy!  (Read 826 times)

Another new guy!
« on: February 22, 2021, 12:37:38 AM »
Howdy, everyone

Thanks for letting me join. Because of the pandemic and my wife working from home, I decided to get an electronic set. Got myself a Command X. I was apprehensive at first but I'm glad I made the plunge. My first question- how do I post images? I don't understand how to use the "insert image" icon. Or do I use the "Attachments and other options" link at the bottom?
Thank you in advance

Re: Another new guy!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 11:01:35 PM »
Hello and welcome!

Using the "Insert Image" icon will give you the BBCode code blocks. To use this you would have to upload your photos to an image hosting site like Photobucket or something similar.
Then you would copy/paste the image URL between the code blocks for it to appear in the forum post. Photobucket isn't free anymore and the version that is doesn't allow hosting. Just suggested it as it might be the most known platform. There may be some free sites but I don't share many photos anymore.

The other option, as you mentioned is to attach your photos directly via the "Attachments and other options". You just need to adhere to the count and size restrictions.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 11:04:52 PM by tmk21315 »
A2E 5-piece | Bum Wrap Drum Co maple burl wrap | Jobeky & UFO triggers | Drum-Tec real feel heads | Strike module | VH-11 + Strike cymbals | EZD2 + EZXs

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 11:35:48 PM »
Thank you! I'll give it a go

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 08:03:41 AM »
The easiest way to attach a photo is to click on the "+Attachments and other options"

You should see a Browse button. Press this to select the photo you wish to attach to your post. Please be aware that your image should not be more than 3 meg in size. So you may need to resize your image.

Once you click the "Post" button, it should show up at the bottom of your post like this:

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 08:06:29 AM by Hellfire »

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 12:20:27 AM »
Ok. I'll post my Command X. Let's see if it works.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 12:24:40 AM »
Thank you, Hellfire and tmk21315. It worked after I reduced the image.