Author Topic: macOS Big Sur  (Read 1545 times)

macOS Big Sur
« on: November 17, 2020, 11:02:37 AM »
Good evening everyone!

I have a MacBook Air as computer and an Alesis Nitro Mesh Kit and I wanted to update my operating system from Catalina to Big Sur, but I don't know if my Alesis Kit will continue to work properly.

So, there's someone who has macOS Big Sur and can say if Alesis' drums work or not?

Offline Chaser

Re: macOS Big Sur
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 12:03:47 PM »
Good evening everyone!

I have a MacBook Air as computer and an Alesis Nitro Mesh Kit and I wanted to update my operating system from Catalina to Big Sur, but I don't know if my Alesis Kit will continue to work properly.

So, there's someone who has macOS Big Sur and can say if Alesis' drums work or not?

The notices I have been receiving from all the developers including Alesis is not to update at this time..
The Alesis modules are class compliant but unknown if anything has changed with CoreMIDI and all the new privacy and security features

"Alesis has been actively testing all applicable hardware and software products with each beta release of macOS 11 Big Sur. We understand how important it is for all our users to know exactly what works before they make the jump on any new updates. Please refer to this article for all Alesis hardware and software compatibility with macOS 11 Big Sur.

For this reason, we encourage all our dedicated Alesis hardware and software owners to refrain from updating to macOS 11 Big Sur until compatibility with the new operating system can be confirmed.

This page will be updated regularly to reflect any updates to product compatibility as testing is completed. We encourage all our users to remain on their current OS until all necessary hardware and software products have been qualified for support."

macOS 11 Big Sur and iOS14 Compatibility

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 02:24:23 PM »
Hi! Thank you for your answer, I had already seen that message but I wanted to see if someone had updated the OS and had seen if something changed...

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 12:04:46 AM »
Was hoping by this time we'd have some kind of update. I'm chomping at the bit for an M1 machine, but need the Nitro mesh to work!