Author Topic: DM10 MKII Studio Kit Pending...  (Read 1347 times)

DM10 MKII Studio Kit Pending...
« on: July 27, 2019, 08:20:43 PM »
Hey all, Jim here.  I've spent the last couple months educating myself on eDrums, and based on my budget, I finally bit the bullet and ordered one of the Closeout DM10 MKII Studio kits from Kraft Music for $699 (still available as of this posting).  With a $50 Gift Card bonus things actually came out to $649.  I felt that was a really good deal for the components included in the kit.

I'm entirely new to drumming, with the exception of a brief fling on an older Yamaha DTX kit that I bought for my daughter on Craigslist about 4 or 5 years ago.  It got little use, so it went back on Craigslist.  This kit however is for me! It should arrive Monday and I look forward to assembling it and learning the Kraft of drumming (you see what I did there, right?)  I picked up a nice heavy wool area rug for it to sit on in my Studio (a converted one-car garage) where I have an awesome Digital Audio Workstation (Studio One 4), three different keyboards (Casio, M-Audio, and Roli), and a 10' diagonal Projection Screen.  It's a heck of a man-cave... I just wish I had the talent to put these things to good use.  But I love to learn.

Jim

Offline Liko

Re: DM10 MKII Studio Kit Pending...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 05:49:15 PM »
I picked up three books off of Amazon.

The Best Beginner Drum Book
Stick Control
4 Way Coordination

I have found that the 4 Way Coordination book is best right now for (for me) as it is expanding my ability to spread my playing across all four limbs. It's tedious practice but a little bit everyday and I'm getting a bit better ... a small bit. I didn't realize how connected my right hand and foot was and I had no idea how difficult it is for me to start a fill with my left hand.

But it's been a week and my Spousal Unit says she can hear improvement so I'm happy with that.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 06:05:03 PM by Liko »

Re: DM10 MKII Studio Kit Pending...
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 08:58:36 AM »
I didn't realize how connected my right hand and foot was and I had no idea how difficult it is for me to start a fill with my left hand.

If you play along to music,  Clive Burr from Iron Maiden and Doug Clifford from CCR both use left hand lead fills quite often.
Simple does not equal easy.