Author Topic: DM10X mesh triggers not working?  (Read 1169 times)

DM10X mesh triggers not working?
« on: November 14, 2018, 08:26:08 AM »
I in the last couple of weeks i have had 4  of the 6 drums fail to trigger properly. When i strike the mesh heads i am getting the rim voice, and when i hit the rim its the same as the head. I have tested it by using note chase and this confirms the head thinks its the rim? I have tried to ressign the voice to a head but it reverts immediately to the rim voice, although in reality i have just the rim voice for both triggers.
I took the head off the first drum that failed and have found that a wire has broken which a friend has attempted to fix but its still the same issue. Just taken another head off and the wires look ok.
Is there anything else i can do as i find it hard to believe they have all failed at pretty much the same time?
Thanks

Offline Chaser

Re: DM10X mesh triggers not working?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 02:00:42 PM »
I in the last couple of weeks i have had 4  of the 6 drums fail to trigger properly. When i strike the mesh heads i am getting the rim voice, and when i hit the rim its the same as the head. I have tested it by using note chase and this confirms the head thinks its the rim? I have tried to ressign the voice to a head but it reverts immediately to the rim voice, although in reality i have just the rim voice for both triggers.
I took the head off the first drum that failed and have found that a wire has broken which a friend has attempted to fix but its still the same issue. Just taken another head off and the wires look ok.
Is there anything else i can do as i find it hard to believe they have all failed at pretty much the same time?
Thanks

Have you by chance updated the module or done a Factory reset recently?..
The manual's instructions for doing a factory reset are for the DM10 kit, and don't cover 'all' the steps needed when doing a factory reset to a
DM10X and/or Studio kit.

Here are a couple links related to that issue

http://community.alesis.com/alesis/topics/head_and_rims_sound_mixing_up_without_control

http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=4628.0

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 03:32:25 PM »
Hi , thanks for this I will give it a try. Yes i have tried a factory reset and nothing changed so perhaps this may work.

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 04:12:55 PM »
Unfortunately, the method described is not the same as i am getting i.e. utility goes to  sys which gives 2 options, all memory or all trigger settings. Press innit and this goes to trigger settings. Press exec and this takes me to 4 kits. I choose dm10 x mesh and this goes to normal 000 fusion kit etc.
And nothing has changed?

Offline Chaser

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 05:26:34 PM »
Unfortunately, the method described is not the same as i am getting i.e. utility goes to  sys which gives 2 options, all memory or all trigger settings. Press innit and this goes to trigger settings. Press exec and this takes me to 4 kits. I choose dm10 x mesh and this goes to normal 000 fusion kit etc.
And nothing has changed?

I didn't see a mention about pressing F1 to answer yes to resetting triggers.

Did the question not pop up?

Press Utility.
Press F4 (SYS).
Press F2 (INIT).
Use the cursor down button to highlight the DM10 Triggers setting.

(The part that the manual leaves out ...... you need to use
the Value/Tempo dial to reveal, and to highlight, the 'hidden selection' for the
DM10X KIT's triggers s you can select them in the next step.
)..F4 (EXEC)

Press F4 (EXEC).
Press F1 to answer yes to the question about resetting the triggers.
Press Drum Kit

I don't know if it makes a difference on firmware versions and I don't have a DM10 module anymore to check. 
Here is the final list for all the firmware/versions

DM10 – Firmware Updates [posted 9/22/2014]
DM10 Updater 1.00
DM10_boot_v1.00h.syx
DM10-app-v1.00s.syx
DM10_triggers_V1.00a.syx (use with real hat pedal)
DM10_triggers_V1.01b.syx (use with Alesis Pro-X hi hat)
DM10_sound_rom-V1.03.syx

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 02:07:01 AM »
Hi, no i did not get a prompt to press F1 to reset triggers. I will have a go at installing the latest software next. Thanks for your help.

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 07:34:59 AM »
And unable to update firmware as get a timeout message repeatedly? Can't even open the first file to load i.e. the boot file as pc asks me for a programme to open with. It looks like dm10 dpes not like windows 10 from what i see on other threads. Plain ridiculous and this kit is rapodly becoming one of my worst buy decisions ever.