Author Topic: Repairing Strike cymbal pads  (Read 2974 times)

Repairing Strike cymbal pads
« on: July 26, 2018, 03:21:06 PM »
Does anyone have any information on replacing the piezo transducer on the Alesis Strike drum set cymbal padh?  I have a 12 inch cymbal pad that appears to have a faulty piezo.

Offline ironman187

Re: Repairing Strike cymbal pads
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 06:46:36 PM »
Post #8 of the thread linked below shows one opened up. Potentially, with a 2nd Jack and some re-wiring, one could turn the strike crashes into 3 zone rides, not that the strike can have a 2nd 3zone ride. Lol. Presumably, the guy was able to put the cymbal back together and have it working.

https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advanced/diy/1188888-a-different-14-vh-11-maybe

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 07:03:53 PM »
Post #8 of the thread linked below shows one opened up. Potentially, with a 2nd Jack and some re-wiring, one could turn the strike crashes into 3 zone rides, not that the strike can have a 2nd 3zone ride. Lol. Presumably, the guy was able to put the cymbal back together and have it working.

Actually the crash cymbals on the Alesis Strike are already three zone cymbals. The issue is with the Strike module. The Strike module uses a dual cable input set-up for three zone cymbals. If you plug an Alesis Strike crash cymbal into a Simmons SD2000's ride input (which is a single cable three zone input) they work as a three zone cymbal. There are a couple of medeli modules that do single cable three zone as well and the Strike crashes should work on those as well. Unfortunately, they are not Yamaha compatible.

I'm guessing Alesis did this because they wanted to use the Strike crash cymbals as ride cymbals with some of the lesser kits. (since they use single cable three zone cymbals).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 07:05:40 PM by Hellfire »

Offline ironman187

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 07:10:00 PM »

Actually the crash cymbals on the Alesis Strike are already three zone cymbals. The issue is with the Strike module. The Strike module uses a dual cable input set-up for three zone cymbals. If you plug an Alesis Strike crash cymbal into a Simmons SD2000's ride input (which is a single cable three zone input) they work as a three zone cymbal. There are a couple of medeli modules that do single cable three zone as well and the Strike crashes should work on those as well. Unfortunately, they are not Yamaha compatible.

I'm guessing Alesis did this because they wanted to use the Strike crash cymbals as ride cymbals with some of the lesser kits. (since they use single cable three zone cymbals).

Yup, I saw they have a bell and edge switch, that's why I said you could potentially turn it into a 3 zone ride by rewiring it and adding a 2nd Jack.