Commons > Lobby

New Member from Coastal North Carolina

(1/2) > >>

The Fish:
Hey All!

40-something old fart who's played drums on and off since high school.  Just ordered a second-hand Alesis DM10X that I should have in about a week.

I've had a couple acoustic kits over the years, and a couple years ago I picked up a little Behringer electronic drum kit for a couple hundred bucks, (yeah, I didn't know they made e-drums either.) I really hoped that would scratch the "gotta drum" itch, but it only made it worse.

So yeah...Jumping back in.

Iggford:
Hi from the Greensboro, NC, area!

My previous kit was a DM10 Studio kit.  I still use it, even since upgrading to a Strike last year.  I keep it for a practice kit so I only have to carry my Strike to gigs.  It's a solid kit, and I still enjoy playing it.

All the best luck to you with your new kit!

--
Shawn.

AlanK:
welcome to the forum, and back into drumming.. 56 yr old here who gave it up around 23 and just got back in around 50.. loving it

so, is your handle The Fish because you're a Yes/Bill Bruford fan?

The Fish:

--- Quote from: Iggford on February 20, 2019, 10:26:31 AM ---Hi from the Greensboro, NC, area!

--- End quote ---

I'm down in Wilmywood.  Relocated here from Southeastern Ohio about 4 years ago.  Left my old "Stadium Rock" Tama Swingstar kit that seemed to be from an era of neon pleather and Aquanet in Ohio...I kept a few pieces: vintage 61 Slingerland snare and a collection of Zildjian and Sabian cymbals...  Those didn't make it through Hurricane Florence, so I'm looking forward to starting over!

The Fish:

--- Quote from: AlanK on February 20, 2019, 12:53:05 PM ---so, is your handle The Fish because you're a Yes/Bill Bruford fan?

--- End quote ---

I am a Bill Bruford fan, but the actual reason for the handle is that my last name is Trout

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version