Author Topic: External drum samples suggestions  (Read 1261 times)

External drum samples suggestions
« on: December 05, 2018, 11:04:44 PM »
I'm completely new to eDrums of any kind but a professional recording engineer of 35 years and a musician of about 50 years.  I just purchased the Alesis Nitro Mesh kit.  The kit works fine, but the internal samples sound very similar to the ones in my old 16 bit/44.1Khz Alesis D5 sample player.  So, can anyone give me suggestions for external sample plugins that I might use with both my Alesis kit and my Pro Tools rig?  I was thinking about AIR Strike but maybe there's something better???    Tag!  You're it!!!

Offline rhysT

Re: External drum samples suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 01:29:43 AM »
Check out SDSE (simple drum sounds exporter) to extract edrum WAV files from popular VSTs: https://www.lustark.com/SDSE
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 01:34:20 AM by rhysT »

Offline AlanK

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 09:18:08 AM »
Hi Jeff, welcome to the forum.

I've been using Addictive Drums with my DM10 but I've also used it on a really old cheapie Medeli with a horrid module/sounds and it gave it life and a lot of amazing kits that totally improved the quality of the ekit
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 04:44:44 PM »
I'll second the use of A2D. Incredible sounds. I'm actually thinking of setting up a micro PC to run it. Perhaps with a remote app on your smart phone to switch kits. Thanks for the tip on the VST sound extractor. I'll check that out.