Author Topic: Are there any better/same quality mesh heads for Strike, but QUIETER ones?  (Read 1428 times)

Offline cleverest

In the quest to not drive my family upstairs crazy with too loud of TAP-TAPING, I'm hoping so...from videos I've seen online, whacking these are still pretty loud...any way to lessen the noise and not kill the responsiveness? New quieter heads?

Hi,  the latest ‘digital drummer’ has a list of mesh heads that they have measured for noise and bounce.

I use z Ed twins on my snare and tom conversions, and a z Ed triple on a 22” kick conversion.

They score pretty well in the list, and the newer ones are brighter white and you can’t see through them which is nice.

Just google for digital drummer, it’s a free e-magazine
HTH

Jon

DM10 powered 22/14/10/12/14/16 DIY conversion, 14hh, 11 splash, 14 China, 2x14&2x16 crash, 16 ride, and a cowbell 👍👍👍

Offline cleverest

Hi,  the latest ‘digital drummer’ has a list of mesh heads that they have measured for noise and bounce.

I use z Ed twins on my snare and tom conversions, and a z Ed triple on a 22” kick conversion.

They score pretty well in the list, and the newer ones are brighter white and you can’t see through them which is nice.

Just google for digital drummer, it’s a free e-magazine
HTH

Jon

DM10 powered 22/14/10/12/14/16 DIY conversion, 14hh, 11 splash, 14 China, 2x14&2x16 crash, 16 ride, and a cowbell 👍👍👍

Thanks. I will check them out. I want to find one that is known to be much quieter than the Strike default ones.

Online AlanK

I'm using Roland V drum mesh heads on most of my pads, fairly quiet. I also own a Laurin snare drum with their own proprietary mesh heads and their the quietest of all I've tried.. you could check at laurin.com
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline cleverest

I'm using Roland V drum mesh heads on most of my pads, fairly quiet. I also own a Laurin snare drum with their own proprietary mesh heads and their the quietest of all I've tried.. you could check at laurin.com

Thanks, it appears to be laurindrums.com

Did you less sensitivity by changing the heads?

Online AlanK

Thanks, it appears to be laurindrums.com
Did you less sensitivity by changing the heads?

Oops, glad you found them tho... great company, I had an issue and they took care of me no questions asked.

I find their snare and kick mesh/cone setup is pretty good, sensitivity is great. Same with the Roland meshes. I've also been using 682Drums meshes and tried a Remo Silent Stroke. I think the Roland feels the best for sturdy-ness and response but these Laurin heads are mighty fine. Each took a fair bit of trying out various module trigger settings to get it dialed in.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers