Author Topic: DM6 Volume Issue  (Read 4319 times)

DM6 Volume Issue
« on: March 03, 2010, 09:41:56 AM »
I just received my DM6 Kit last night. Set it up, but the output volume seems pretty low. I have both the digital and analog (knob) volumes all the way up and pumping the kit through my PA (425 watts per side) I still need the input volume at 75% to get decent volume.

Suggestions? I already did the firmware update.

Thanks!

Tom

Online Hellfire

Re: DM6 Volume Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 10:05:42 AM »
I just received my DM6 Kit last night. Set it up, but the output volume seems pretty low. I have both the digital and analog (knob) volumes all the way up and pumping the kit through my PA (425 watts per side) I still need the input volume at 75% to get decent volume.

Suggestions? I already did the firmware update.

Thanks!

Tom
Is the headphone out level too low as well? You could always use a preamp. Just an idea.
BTW, welcome to the forum. :)

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:15:44 AM »
The headphone output is better, but not quite what I expected. I think I may go the pre-amp route. Sounds like a plan. I just need to get a 1/8th inch stereo to Mono/XLR adapter I guess?

Thanks!

Tom

Online Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 10:48:31 AM »
The headphone output is better, but not quite what I expected. I think I may go the pre-amp route. Sounds like a plan. I just need to get a 1/8th inch stereo to Mono/XLR adapter I guess?

Thanks!

Tom
If you don't mind me asking, what PA system are you using? Is there a gain control on the amp?

Offline Guinness

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 10:51:30 AM »
For what it's worth and for comparison, in the Ion version I had for a short time, I could not turn the volume up all the way on the headphones.  It was simply too loud.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 08:46:22 PM »
I wish my problem was it was too loud. I am running my DM6 kit through a Yamaha mixer and QSC GX3 power amp (425 watts per side) and two Peavey PV215 speakers.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 09:18:11 PM »
I wish my problem was it was too loud. I am running my DM6 kit through a Yamaha mixer and QSC GX3 power amp (425 watts per side) and two Peavey PV215 speakers.
Isn't there a gain (or a mic input) on the Yamaha mixer you could use? I say mic input because they normally have a preamp built in.

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 06:25:04 AM »
Yes, there is, but even at full volume on the DM6 (Both digital AND analog dial) and the mixer input at 75% or more I barely hear anything. Wondering if I should get an RMA on the Module?

Online Hellfire

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 09:22:58 AM »
Yes, there is, but even at full volume on the DM6 (Both digital AND analog dial) and the mixer input at 75% or more I barely hear anything. Wondering if I should get an RMA on the Module?
At this point you might want to contact Alesis. That's just my two cents.