Author Topic: Rim on pad  (Read 676 times)

Rim on pad
« on: September 19, 2020, 04:38:17 AM »
Hi evrybody!

I buy a nitro kit for 2018 and i have litte problem with the modul :when i play on the pad (tome 2 for exemple) the light up (tome 2) on the modul with the light RIM and the song is like a rimshot.

I have this problem on all kits , i have reset the modul but nothing, some on can help me?

Offline Chaser

Re: Rim on pad
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 12:19:57 PM »
Hi evrybody!

I buy a nitro kit for 2018 and i have litte problem with the modul :when i play on the pad (tome 2 for exemple) the light up (tome 2) on the modul with the light RIM and the song is like a rimshot.

I have this problem on all kits , i have reset the modul but nothing, some on can help me?

According to Alesis the toms on ALL Nitro kits are single zone Toms.
The snare is dual zone and the rim can be assigned different samples.
Is the rimshot you hear on the toms..the same as the snare?
Can you assign different rim samples to the toms?..or just the snare..
Does a rim sensitivity setting show up in the settings for the toms?

187 - Tom Rim 1
188 - Tom Rim 2
189 - Tom Rim 3
190 - Tom Rim 4

I attached the Voice lists and you can see all the rim samples for the snare also.

I don't own one of these modules , but my understanding is the inputs support dual zone...just the pads/Toms aren't,so the Nitro kits have a hardware limitation.This module is also rebranded for the Surge Kit which is dual zone toms.

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 12:28:33 PM »
Thanks for the pictures it's usefull!

It's not a dual zones that is the problem  ;D

But i find a solution, i assigne an other sound for the tome , just the standard kit are wrong of this tome but i can support this

Thanks for your answer !

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 12:46:52 PM »
Thanks for the pictures it's usefull!

It's not a dual zones that is the problem  ;D

But i find a solution, i assigne an other sound for the tome , just the standard kit are wrong of this tome but i can support this

Thanks for your answer !

The Nitro/Surge modules are based off the Medeli DD512-514..

Here is a more "indepth" Manual that has all the Voice/Parameters/Patterns/Songs list etc etc

Medeli DD512