Author Topic: dm10 studio icw superior drummer 2.0  (Read 4794 times)

dm10 studio icw superior drummer 2.0
« on: August 27, 2010, 06:47:12 AM »
I`m pretty sure you read this kind of questions earlier, but i`m just not able to find the answer on my question on this forum.

I connected the dm10 to superior drummer via my edirol interface.
I got the kit working, even the hi-hat, but i cant get the cymble choke and the ride to work as they are supposed to.

Does anyone of you have any idea? I did get the cymbal to choke, but it sounds like a new sample instead of the actual choke (dont know how to explain it better, im sorry)

Hope someone can help me out here.

Thanx in advance.

Cheers Richard
If it doesnt grind, it sure as hell wil crust!

Offline Rev2010

Re: dm10 studio icw superior drummer 2.0
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 05:32:12 PM »
Correct, since the DM10 doesn't support the industry standard "Aftertouch" for choke you have to set up the cymbal up in Superior Drummer for the "Mute" sound. You select the cymbal and click to sub-edit the pad. The you select "Mute" under the various cymbal sounds available. Then you hit "Learn" to learn the midi note and press the choke strip.

The caveat to this is it's not a quick choke, it's rather slow. When I had a Roland kit which uses aftertouch the choke worked instantly and choked quickly. With my DM10 Pro kit I have it setup this alternate way and it's a good work around, it's just the chokes are too slow.

Ny the way, I have a poll running to see if we can get Alesis to pay attention and add aftertouch in a firmware update. You can vote here:

http://www.dmdrummer.com/index.php?topic=538.0

Rev.

Re: dm10 studio icw superior drummer 2.0
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 07:13:24 AM »
Hello Rev,

Thank you for your reply. This really works!

To bad it is rather slow as you mentioned. Lets hope that voting wil let Alesis pay attention to this sort of problems.

It would also be nice if toontrack would ad a preset for the dm10, just as the guys of Addictive drums did.

Ah well, thats for later.

THanx again!

Richard
If it doesnt grind, it sure as hell wil crust!