Author Topic: Help needed! (possibly) very basic problem.  (Read 2408 times)

Help needed! (possibly) very basic problem.
« on: August 26, 2010, 03:50:40 PM »
Ok so its been a long time since i've done any audio work on my pc before and this is also the first time im trying to use my DM6 to trigger sounds.
So at the moment i have Addictive drums running through reaper and i have my DM6 enabled and working
But i have no idea how to map my drums...
as it stands all my pads play the snare, hi-hat plays the splash etc..
So i would like to know how to map them, is it done through reaper or on the addictive drums vst?
I am running the latest version of reaper and version 1 of addictive drums
Any help or just a simple nudge in the right direction would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance, oll.

Online Hellfire

Re: Help needed! (possibly) very basic problem.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 04:27:50 PM »
Ok so its been a long time since i've done any audio work on my pc before and this is also the first time im trying to use my DM6 to trigger sounds.
So at the moment i have Addictive drums running through reaper and i have my DM6 enabled and working
But i have no idea how to map my drums...
as it stands all my pads play the snare, hi-hat plays the splash etc..
So i would like to know how to map them, is it done through reaper or on the addictive drums vst?
I am running the latest version of reaper and version 1 of addictive drums
Any help or just a simple nudge in the right direction would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance, oll.
Make sure first that you have your DM6 Midi output format set to "GM" and not "Internal". You can find that info on page 2 under MIDI/USB of your DM6 manual. Pass that I don't think you can change your midi notes per pad. I know you can change the trigger voices. You might want to try that because it may change the midi note of each trigger at the same time. Or you may need to do that in addictive drums. If you can't do it in addictive drums you may need to get a midi mapper software program. I hope that helps.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Re: Help needed! (possibly) very basic problem.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 04:55:55 PM »
First of all,Thanks for the quick response :)
I have my output set to GM, it seemed to work on Internal before. but there were large latency issues.
So i cant seem to be able to change what notes i trigger with my kit.
I presume that this is something that can be figured out using the software but i have no idea where to start.
They dont seem to need mapping as there is no duplicate notes.
If you have any software i you can reccomened/any vstis you can reccomened as i simply want to do a little bit of lite home recording heh and i'll probobly end up spending as much time trying to get it work as i will recording this week!
thanks again, oll.