Author Topic: Update firmware question  (Read 389 times)

Update firmware question
« on: November 07, 2021, 01:26:12 PM »
Currently a DM10 Studio Pro Mesh owner about to upgrade to an Alesis STRIKE kit.  The Strike I am about to purchase is a new UNBOXED unit from an individual.  Since I do not have it yet I do not know what version the firmware is.  I do believe a version 1.5 was just released.  My question is can I install the newest version without first installing earlier versions?  I understand one earlier version also included an editor.  Please advice as to the proper method to update.  Thanks in advance

Offline Chaser

Re: Update firmware question
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 04:55:18 PM »
Currently a DM10 Studio Pro Mesh owner about to upgrade to an Alesis STRIKE kit.  The Strike I am about to purchase is a new UNBOXED unit from an individual.  Since I do not have it yet I do not know what version the firmware is.  I do believe a version 1.5 was just released.  My question is can I install the newest version without first installing earlier versions?  I understand one earlier version also included an editor.  Please advice as to the proper method to update.  Thanks in advance

The v1.5 update was released Nov 2019...2 years ago.
The only time there is a need to worry is if the module has v1.2 are lower as you cannot skip straight to v1.5.
v1.3 and v1.4 added content/kits.
The Editor hasn't changed since v1.1.2 (2018) which fixed some bugs in v1.1.1..and a macOS version v1.1.3
The main change over the years is originally the Editor was required to install updates which later changed to a separate installer included with the update.

more info..including links for early updates etc ..if needed.

STRIKE Module Firmware /Editor Updates