Author Topic: Adding cymbal pads to DM10 Pro MkII module  (Read 340 times)

Adding cymbal pads to DM10 Pro MkII module
« on: November 06, 2021, 01:14:17 PM »
Hi everyone,

My apologies if this topic has been addressed in the past but I couldn't find a thread.

I wish to add at least 2 more cymbal pads to my DM10 Pro MkII kit but am wondering if this is possible?  If so, how?  Do I require a new cable snake (the one provided doesn't provide additional jacks and I don't see ports on the back of the module that are available.  I have been making due with setting rims as cymbals in the module but, as an acoustic drummer that has just made the switch, this is annoying to say the least.

This is my first electronic kit so please speak to me using single syllable words if at all possible, lol!

Thanks for any input (pun intended!!).

Brett.

Offline Chaser

Re: Adding cymbal pads to DM10 Pro MkII module
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 11:33:16 PM »
Hi everyone,

My apologies if this topic has been addressed in the past but I couldn't find a thread.

I wish to add at least 2 more cymbal pads to my DM10 Pro MkII kit but am wondering if this is possible?  If so, how?  Do I require a new cable snake (the one provided doesn't provide additional jacks and I don't see ports on the back of the module that are available.  I have been making due with setting rims as cymbals in the module but, as an acoustic drummer that has just made the switch, this is annoying to say the least.

This is my first electronic kit so please speak to me using single syllable words if at all possible, lol!

Thanks for any input (pun intended!!).

Brett.

There is no expanding for this module other than the Tom 4 and Crash 2 ports on the rear..you can split the triggers with Stereo Breakout cables
or build Stereo breakout boxes...
To keep it simple...
Modules with individual inputs use ..1/4"(6.35mm) TRS male to (2) 1/4"6.35mm TS female..which are readily available everywhere..then you use individual cables at whatever length required.

Modules with DB25 Trigger Harnesses are more difficult to split as you need a 1/4"(6.35mm) Female to (2) 1/4"(6.35mm) Female (hard to find..EXAMPLE DRUM TEC)..then Individual cables to length...
1/4"(6.35mm) Female to (2) 1/4"(6.35mm) TS Male are usually pretty short but easier to find ..and instead of normal 1/4"(6.35mm) cables with male ends you would need 1/4"  extension cables which are 1/4"(6.35mm) Female and 1/4"(6.35mm) Male.. an example of a TS extension cable is attached.

The issue with splitting Toms/Rims is the input usually doesn't support switch type triggers or cymbal choke and you can't hit both pads simultaneously using the cheaper Y cables that most use...the Drum Tec Splitters are more expensive and have a built in Resistor Bridge to delay one signal..

Reference Links are Hosa and Drum Tec...but you can shop around Amazon ebay etc...
The TRS Female to Dual TS female Y cable/splitter isn't as readily available.

Modules with Individual Inputs
1/4 in TRS/M to Dual 1/4 in TSF

Modules with DB25 Trigger Harness
1/4 in TRS/F to Dual 1/4 in TS/M

1/4 in TRS/F to Dual 1/4 in TS/M (DRUM TEC)

1/4 in TRS/F to Dual 1/4 in TS/F (DRUM TEC)

EDIT:
Added reference photos

EDIT#2:
I found a 1/4 in TRS/F to Dual 1/4 in TS/F w/resistor in the US....$14.95.. by Dolby Drums
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 04:43:17 PM by Chaser »