Author Topic: Strike Ride Cymbal options  (Read 748 times)

Offline stylazyn

Strike Ride Cymbal options
« on: September 13, 2021, 09:20:19 AM »
Hi,
I have an Alesis Surge kit and I purchased a Strike module. While setting it up, the ride had two jack plugs but my current cymbal only has one. Looking at the cost of a new Strike Ride, I was a bit taken back. Are their other options for a ride?

Offline Chaser

Re: Strike Ride Cymbal options
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 11:17:53 AM »
Hi,
I have an Alesis Surge kit and I purchased a Strike module. While setting it up, the ride had two jack plugs but my current cymbal only has one. Looking at the cost of a new Strike Ride, I was a bit taken back. Are their other options for a ride?

You'll need a Dual Cable Ride Cymbal...the other options are the earlier DMPads ..make sure they are dual cable.They pop up on ebay occasionally ..price wise with shipping the 16" are similar in the $150-$200 range,the 14" is usually cheaper.. sometimes the the DMPad is more than the STRIKE cymbals as it is the discontinued older style not the "hammered" look.

Alesis DMPad 16" DUAL CABLE Ride

Alesis DMPad 14" DUAL CABLE Ride

Instrumentalparts also carries spare parts for Alesis...you should always check stock before purchasing.

STRIKE 16" Ride

The Surge came with 10" cymbals..single zone and single "with choke"..the "with choke" can be used as a dual zone but you'll need to be accurate and hit the "choke dots".

EDIT:
Note: the Dual Cable cymbals can also be used as single cable Dual Zone cymbals if you use dummy plugs.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 11:47:58 AM by Chaser »

Offline stylazyn

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 09:55:27 AM »
I should look for triple zone cymbals? I found that there are some other compatible cymbals made by Pintech and Lemon but I don't know much about them.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 11:32:49 AM »
I should look for triple zone cymbals? I found that there are some other compatible cymbals made by Pintech and Lemon but I don't know much about them.

For the STRIKE module the Ride ..must be Triple Zone (3) and most importantly.. Dual Cable.
There are single cable Triple Zone cymbals but they will not work as you need both inputs on the module for a fully functioning Ride.
The 14" STRIKE Cymbal is actually single cable Triple Zone..Alesis for whatever reason doesn't advertise it..