Author Topic: Pinout Diagrams?  (Read 368 times)

Pinout Diagrams?
« on: October 11, 2021, 09:47:49 PM »
Do pinout diagrams exist for all the various Alesis modules?

And/or where can I find the part numbers for the various cable snakes for each module?

Here's my situation.

I've got a DM8 Pro kit. I've upgraded the pads to mesh heads and generally really like the kit. But the sounds in the module are pretty dated. I purchased a DM10 mkii Pro module without a cable snake. My hope was that I could use my DM8 Pro snake with the new module. I figured even if I had to remap a couple triggers or swap plugs around it wouldn't be a big deal. But in practice, that's just not really practical.

So, I'm looking to either buy a snake that matches the DM10 mkii Pro (in which case I need the part number) or use a 25 pin serial breakout cable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DPDPYSS/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_NKHB06YG3XHRX8GCPC4J?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 to remap the whole snake (in which case having pinouts for each module would be enormously helpful).

A related question, my DM8 Pro includes a 3-zone ride that takes two 1/4" cables. I think one is stereo and the other is mono, but I'm not sure about that. As I understand it, the DM10 mkii Pro 3-zone ride only uses one stereo cable. Does anyone know if my 3-zone ride will work with the DM10 mkii Pro?

Re: Pinout Diagrams?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 10:50:46 PM »
Quick update, I found this post which has the pinout diagrams for the DM10 mkii studio and pro (plus the Surge Mesh). https://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=8011.msg52382#msg52382

But I still can't find a pinout for a DM8 pro or part numbers for the various wiring harnesses. I *think* the DM10 mkii Studio harness part number is 628130135-A and I *think* the DM8 is 628130081-A. But I'm not really sure and I've not been able to find a DM10 mkii Pro wiring harness (or it's part number) anywhere.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 08:35:17 AM »
Quick update, I found this post which has the pinout diagrams for the DM10 mkii studio and pro (plus the Surge Mesh). https://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=8011.msg52382#msg52382

But I still can't find a pinout for a DM8 pro or part numbers for the various wiring harnesses. I *think* the DM10 mkii Studio harness part number is 628130135-A and I *think* the DM8 is 628130081-A. But I'm not really sure and I've not been able to find a DM10 mkii Pro wiring harness (or it's part number) anywhere.

Using the search at the top of the forum, I found this:

Re: DM8 pinout for DIY Snake Cables???

It doesn't have the part number, but it does have the pin-out.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 09:57:46 AM »
The DM10 MKII Pro DB25 Harness/Snake is longer,supports a Dual Zone Hi Hat and (2) cable Ride.
The DM10 MKII Studio..uses a single cable 3 zone Ride..the DM10 MKII Pro is dual cable.
The DM10 MKII Studio Harness is PT# 628130119-A
The DM10 MKII Pro Harness is  PT# 628130135-A (Ride1/Ride2.."Green" labels)

When purchasing the module only you have to be careful as most of the time the Harness purchased separately is 1/3 the price as they are not readily available and Retailers make more money by splitting everything up.
There is one left listed on Ebay and Reverb from PixelPro Audio..they had a few and have nearly sold out and the high price reflects that.
I purchased a number of them (MSRP) and can confirm it is the correct Harness.

Instrumental parts has the 628130135-A Harness at MSRP price...You can see the Dual Cable Ride cables(Green) in the photo.
Check stock before ordering.The link will also show you the different versions of Alesis Harnesses (bottom of the page)

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 02:34:54 PM »
The DM10 MKII Pro DB25 Harness/Snake is longer,supports a Dual Zone Hi Hat and (2) cable Ride.
The DM10 MKII Studio..uses a single cable 3 zone Ride..the DM10 MKII Pro is dual cable.
The DM10 MKII Studio Harness is PT# 628130119-A
The DM10 MKII Pro Harness is  PT# 628130135-A (Ride1/Ride2.."Green" labels)

When purchasing the module only you have to be careful as most of the time the Harness purchased separately is 1/3 the price as they are not readily available and Retailers make more money by splitting everything up.
There is one left listed on Ebay and Reverb from PixelPro Audio..they had a few and have nearly sold out and the high price reflects that.
I purchased a number of them (MSRP) and can confirm it is the correct Harness.

Instrumental parts has the 628130135-A Harness at MSRP price...You can see the Dual Cable Ride cables(Green) in the photo.
Check stock before ordering.The link will also show you the different versions of Alesis Harnesses (bottom of the page)

Thanks! I think I'm going to jump on that Instrument Parts one (assuming it's in stock). That beats trying to make my own cross-over cable.