Author Topic: Roland VH-11 (or -10) on Strikepad  (Read 597 times)

Roland VH-11 (or -10) on Strikepad
« on: October 22, 2020, 05:33:05 AM »
Hello everyone, i am new here. I just got my Alesis Strikepad. am trying to make it work with my old Roland VH-11 Hi-Hat  but no luck so far. The VH-11 ( i have been told the VH-10 works the same) has 2 stereo jack outputs, one for the pad, one for the variable open/close controller. It seems to make sense to connect the controller to the HH input, and the pad to a sterio input eg 4/5.  But in the pad menu it just doesn't seem to recognize the controller. Is there anybody out there who can help? Thanks

Re: Roland VH-11 (or -10) on Strikepad
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 09:58:43 AM »
I just tried that with HH from Strike Pro SE kit and it also doesn't recognise the controller. I will try again with cable snake from drum kit when I'll have more time.

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 02:24:13 PM »
Thanks. And to be a bit more precise: i'm trying to connect a Roland VH-11 to a Strike MULTIPAD

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 06:09:34 AM »
I got that :) just tried with snake cable that came with Strike Pro and no luck. Multipad does no recognise the HH controller. There are some settings you could try but it didn't work for me. Go to Utility > Pedals and there you can choose how HH should work (switch or variable).