Author Topic: trying to use asio driver with ezdrummer 2 and play drumless tracks from youtube  (Read 4802 times)

I am using ezdrummer 2 with the asio4all driver to lower latency which is down to 2.3ms with that driver, however once i select this driver it cuts all audio from any other application such as vlc media player and browsers ect. im trying to play along to drumless songs on youtube however i cannot do it with this driver and am looking for a solution.
specs:
nitro module
windows 10 64bit

Offline Dobly

I noticed the same issue.. I guess it's because ez2 is using a different sound system to the rest of the PC.

Perhaps if you has a USB interface, set that as THE sound device on your PC and use it's ASIO drivers in EZ2.

I have had ample chance to try this myself but i have never played along with YouTube videos. Only played along with Reaper and the stuff I have loaded in there (like my band's backings)

Offline Th3R00st3r

Yeah, I had to grab the mp3 of the drumless track from youtube (google search how) and add it to another track in the DAW.
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Anything about this? I have same issue..I need to use youtube or mp3 to play along but got latency issue, I installed Asio4all but it will disable and cant play along with the mp3.

Offline Th3R00st3r

Anything about this? I have same issue..I need to use youtube or mp3 to play along but got latency issue, I installed Asio4all but it will disable and cant play along with the mp3.

Did you add another track in your DAW and import the mp3 file as a new track? I don't think you can play from youtube at the same time.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 07:11:27 PM by Th3R00st3r »
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline AlanK

as I mentioned in the reply to this question in the other section you crossposted in, ASIO takes complete control over of the audio signal so you won't be able to hear youtube or other music on the same computer.. like I said I'm fairly sure I managed to override the settings in audio somewhere and allow ASIO to share control but it was a long time ago.. please do try, check your audio settings, there's a checkbox for this and it may work for you

otherwise, do you have another device you can use like an iPod or tablet, or cellphone.. if you can get your youtube vids to play on another device you have a multitude of options.. patch it into the AUX in (sorry, I haven't looked at the inputs/outputs in ages, it may be Line in).. or use an audio interface and patch the feed in there, or buy a small mixer (30/40 bucks or so) then have your pc audio out go into one channel and the youtube playing device in another channel.. be creative, you can do it.. and of course, as the others are suggesting, import your youtube video's audio into a track in your recording software and play along with that.. loads of ways to accomplish it
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

I'm having the same problem and the only way I've thought of fixing it is with a second sound card (or a second device) and a mixer. I'm fixing to do it myself when I can pull together a little bit of money for the mixer.