Author Topic: DM10 BlueJay sets needed for hacking  (Read 3751 times)

Offline korakios

DM10 BlueJay sets needed for hacking
« on: March 17, 2017, 04:56:33 AM »
Hi,
I've already emailed Alesis and Sonivox for any legal issues to avoid any conflict and I will delete this post asap if needed.
IMO since the set is no longer for sale I don't think they would interested at all ,but I don't want to get in any trouble.

I need at least two BlueJay sets from users that are comfortable using MidiOX ,plus their serial numbers to see how the firmware is tied to a serial number.
I will never publish the serials given to me, instead I will try making a free 'universal' set.
Do not post here links or SN, send me a pm instead :)

If I make any progress,I will post a link here .
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 04:58:29 AM by korakios »

Re: DM10 BlueJay sets needed for hacking
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 03:39:20 AM »
Unfortunately I don't have the Blue Jay sound library but hopefully there will be people who can help, because it's a great idea.

Offline korakios

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 09:17:42 AM »
Maybe people who bought it would feel somewhat 'cheated' if it comes for free ,which I totally understand and respect.

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 09:49:28 AM »
I felt that it was overpriced, but also didn't know what to expect. I'm pretty sure I deleted my .sys file, as I never use my module for drum sounds, using a VST.

I'm surprised there isn't a cracked version out there floating around.

Offline korakios

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 09:56:38 AM »
I felt that it was overpriced, but also didn't know what to expect. I'm pretty sure I deleted my .sys file, as I never use my module for drum sounds, using a VST.

I'm surprised there isn't a cracked version out there floating around.

Because most people preferred using a VST instead of buying soundset for the module, like you :)
If you find it ,please send me a pm !

Offline korakios

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 02:23:39 PM »
It seems there was another try in the past
http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=3991.0

with no success from more skilled users. I give up since I thought there would be some kind of communication between the DM10 and the PC. The lock happens inside the DM10 and if bypassed (which is 'easily' done) then the DM10 also checks the sysex dump at the end. Then I get a nice "verification failed" message  :(
Hope someone else has better luck, peace!

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 01:19:56 AM »
I paid for it, but lost the HDD that held it... so now my DM10 is stuck on Bluejay forever. I wanted to swap back to stock, but I have no backup. Sucks
DM10X kit, DW-3K double pedal, DW-3K tractor throne, 5AN VF sticks, Simmons DA200S, PS4 Gold headset.
Mods:
Remo silentstroke mesh conversion with 1/4" charcoal layer added on top of plates.
Sounds:
Bluejay in Module & EZdrummer 2 on laptop

Offline rhysT

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 01:51:52 AM »
I paid for it, but lost the HDD that held it... so now my DM10 is stuck on Bluejay forever. I wanted to swap back to stock, but I have no backup. Sucks

There's some useful info in this topic that may help: http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=947.0