Author Topic: Alesis DM10 Product Manager Interview  (Read 3871 times)

Online Hellfire

Alesis DM10 Product Manager Interview
« on: August 24, 2009, 07:35:53 PM »
The number one edrum podcast on the net!
Hellfire Electronic Drum Systems podcast August 20th 2009 episode is now here!

In this episode of the Hellfire Electronic Drum Systems podcast we have an interview with the Product Manager for Alesis, Jim Norman! Not to mention all the updated news since the last episode!

Re: Alesis DM10 Product Manager Interview
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 09:40:14 PM »
GREAT INTERVIEW!  Jim Norman sounded like a great guy.  Easy to understand/no beating around the bush.  Alesis should be glad to have him.  Good job, Phil.

Offline rockdude

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 02:43:06 AM »
Great Podcast Hellfire! Especially the interview with Jim Norman. Keep em coming!

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 08:08:17 PM »
Really great podcast Phil. Loved the DIY discussion and the interview.

A bit of a bummer that the DM10 patch load will replace the existing sounds and can not be extended for custom soundsets, but it still delivers on the promise of giving the user flexibility and keeping the sound fresh.

Considering that the factory sounds seem to be a blend of many instruments, kits and styles including electronic and percussions sounds the possibility that you could use the same memory for sounds exclusively targetted at a specific style (or even a single, highly nuanced kit) is very appealing.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 10:05:01 PM »
Really great podcast Phil. Loved the DIY discussion and the interview.

A bit of a bummer that the DM10 patch load will replace the existing sounds and can not be extended for custom soundsets, but it still delivers on the promise of giving the user flexibility and keeping the sound fresh.

Considering that the factory sounds seem to be a blend of many instruments, kits and styles including electronic and percussions sounds the possibility that you could use the same memory for sounds exclusively targetted at a specific style (or even a single, highly nuanced kit) is very appealing.
Very good point. Now, I wish I would have thought of that when I was doing the interview. I assume you will get some kind of USB loader software with the DM10. I'm thinking about the base sound set here. There has got to be a way to re-install the factory set if need be. That way too, you can have all of your sound set saved on the computer and just upload the ones you need.

Offline goony

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 12:43:28 PM »
Is there not a way to backup onboard kit sounds via the USB port??
KIT: Roland TD9s
Online Browser Game Desert Ops
http://uk.desert-operations.com/?recruiter=275