Author Topic: Drumless track creation  (Read 2782 times)

Offline Joker47

Drumless track creation
« on: April 29, 2021, 12:51:13 PM »
I've chased down a lot of threads about this, and in different places. Admins, please move this if this is not the appropriate place.

I've seen several threads about finding free and not so free drumless tracks to play along with, as well as not finding tracks by bands you're looking for.

"Moises" is an app for both Android and iPhone that removes multiple tracks from any song in your library. You can separate 2,4 or 5 tracks depending on whether you pay for it or not. (4 tracks is free.) I did three songs myself, and it works incredibly well, is quick and really easy. You play right from the app. Has a built in metronome, lists the chords that are being played, and you can speed up or slow down the song realtime. There are a few other options you get with a premium membership, but you can do plenty with it free.

I did three songs myself, and it works incredibly well, is quick and really easy. You play right from the app. Here's a link to a video that shows how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PGnNIbH0zk&ab_channel=Cobus

Hope this is as helpful to someone else as it was to me.

Regards,
J

Alesis DM10 MKll Pro kit w/dual 22" kicks, Tama Iron Cobra pedals; extra 8" tom, Dual Alesis Strike modules; Strike cymbals; Zildjian L80 hi hat and 16" cymbal with Shure57 mics; two 4-channel mixers; Strike SE snare

Just for fun:
https://www.youtube.com/@jokersdrumcovers4769/abou

Re: Drumless track creation
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 08:55:34 AM »
Moises uses Spleeter, a FREE programm by Deezer. Download here, no need to pay: https://makenweb.com/#spleetergui

Offline Joker47

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 06:19:50 PM »
Moises uses Spleeter, a FREE programm by Deezer. Download here, no need to pay: https://makenweb.com/#spleetergui

Thanks! I didn't know that.

J
Alesis DM10 MKll Pro kit w/dual 22" kicks, Tama Iron Cobra pedals; extra 8" tom, Dual Alesis Strike modules; Strike cymbals; Zildjian L80 hi hat and 16" cymbal with Shure57 mics; two 4-channel mixers; Strike SE snare

Just for fun:

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 11:03:45 AM »
This topic is so good, I just made it a sticky topic.  ;)

I've had so many edrummers ask me about drumless tracks and I really don't like posting links to illegal music. This is perfect since it make the drummer responsible for making his/her own drumless tracks from music they already have.

I just downloaded SpleeterGUI and I should be able to play around with it this weekend.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 12:39:46 PM »
There are a number of online converters that have popped up the last couple years that use Spleeter..
You cannot use the latest "all in one" app version if your CPU doesn't support AVX the DLL won't load as it uses Python TensorFlow.

Ezstems has 2 Pre-Trained models.. 11khz and 16khz cutoff and the developer also took the time create Install Guides with step by step instructions which may be helpful for those who are not interested in a Premium subscription..or have a Mac
The Guides help with installing/trouble shooting Spleeter as you also need Python and Anaconda

Install Windows 10

Install macOS

EDIT:Fixed a link
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 01:02:20 PM by Chaser »

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 01:57:48 PM »
There are a number of online converters that have popped up the last couple years that use Spleeter..
You cannot use the latest "all in one" app version if your CPU doesn't support AVX the DLL won't load as it uses Python TensorFlow.

Ezstems has 2 Pre-Trained models.. 11khz and 16khz cutoff and the developer also took the time create Install Guides with step by step instructions which may be helpful for those who are not interested in a Premium subscription..or have a Mac
The Guides help with installing/trouble shooting Spleeter as you also need Python and Anaconda

Install Windows 10

Install macOS

EDIT:Fixed a link

Great info! Together with the GUI this should be good.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2022, 11:37:47 AM »
For those who dont want to mess around, there is a online company called "KARAOKE VERSION". Their tracks are not free but at ?1.99 they are cheap. They are all professionally made tracks and top quality. Search their database for a track, select custom track. You can then download the song by each instrument if you wish. Ive used them for many years no and never had anything to complain about.  8)

Offline Joker47

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 12:50:58 PM »
Thought I'd share something a friend of mine and I did with this tool. (No, I swear this not an advertisement for it.  ;D)

A long-time guitar playing friend of mine, asked me a while ago if I would try and learn a song he likes, as he was learning the guitar part as well.
Of course I said sure, and started in on it. Some time later, I finally felt comfortable enough to record it and send him the song with my version of the drum part.

It then dawned on me how we could kind of play together without being in the same room, or even state. (We live about 3.5 hours from each other.)

I added an extension to my Chrome browser to convert and download the MP3 of the video I recorded, then pulled it into my Moises app. (I explained to him how to do this with Google docs on his phone.)
Now, he can load the song with ME playing drums and play along :)

Yes, it would have probably been simpler to add the MP3 into iTunes and do it that way to get the song to my phone. But my laptop took a crap and I haven't got my new one configured yet.  :-\

Nothing ground breaking, and probably not new. :P But thought it was interesting way to use the app, and kind of play together with people around the world, and wanted to share it with you guys.  :)

Regards,
J

Just for fun:

Offline Chaser

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2023, 05:04:54 PM »
I keep forgetting to post the link and since there is a lot of attention towards AI these days...

AI-Powered Music Separator

"This app allows to separate music into an individual streams such as vocal, bass, percussion, and lets you re-balance their individual volumes.
This is the simplest way to get multitracks from any song.
Once you choose a song, artificial intelligence will separate music into stems: vocals, bass, drums, others. Processing usually takes about 1 minute."

It is an online AI Version that has been out....originally for Vocals and in the past year Multitracks and is always improving

EDIT:
Fixed Link
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 06:45:25 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2023, 08:01:56 AM »
 :o I am taken by surprise. I got myself a DMLite kit because I was not happy with either drum machines or programming drum patterns in my DAW. I bought some MIDI files of drum patterns and searched for fills and the little nice things a drummer usually plays, it was all going nowhere (except for disappointment and in money). I even tried a guy who was asking for people to send them their song and he will (for his fee) add drums. In that case he came back with excuses, so what's his game? I paid 40 UKP for a drum pack which was nothing more than a multitrack of each drum/cymbal where a session drummer just played for a few mins, was just pointless and somehow I'm supposed to patch and mix that for my song.

The upshot of all this is, there many amateur musicians at home making regular music and really would love a real person to overdub drums on their song. I've found this is a very hit and miss process, drummer 1 can do their version which is not well received, and drummer 2 gets rave reviews, so it's not worth spending too much time on anyone's track. However they are good for the learning experience.

It starts by being able with a DAW, import a person's song, then overdub, experiment, maybe do a little mix, return a mp3. All that kind of thing, nothing too complex. There's a few websites that promote collaborations, these can be worth trying out, not to expect anything useful but the experience of playing to raw tracks/songs can be helpful. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 08:04:28 AM by Roger112 »